Move up bid disappeared

Chris_FL

My move up bid disappeared. The cruise starts on Saturday and it had been in pending status for weeks.  I didn't get an email stating I didn't win either.  Has this happened to anyone?  I emailed celebrity, but no response yet.  Do the bids just go away without any notification?

I can't access my bids today (for August cruises) so perhaps the MoveUp website is having some issues? My limited bidding experience and previous forum comments suggest that there is usually a notice 48 hours or so before the cruise (or earlier if you are successful).

2 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

I can't access my bids today (for August cruises) so perhaps the MoveUp website is having some issues? My limited bidding experience and previous forum comments suggest that there is usually a notice 48 hours or so before the cruise (or earlier if you are successful).

We have only ever received a notice if we're successful.

For what it's worth, here is the automated negative response I received for my very weak/faint hope bid 48 hours before my June cruise... (it was great despite the MoveUp fail!)

xxxxxxxxxx.,

Unfortunately, your offer to upgrade to a Sky Suite wasn't accepted. We're sure you'll have an unforgettable vacation in the stateroom you originally booked.

Summary of your offer:

SAIL DATE SHIP OFFER PER GUEST
Jun 06, 2023 Celebrity Apex $1,200 CAD per person

What happens now?

• Your original stateroom is unchanged, so there's nothing you need to do at this time.
  • Your credit card will not be charged.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

I've always received rejection email as above at 48 hours from departure when I did not win an upgrade.

Like the OP -  I have on occasion had my bid disappear a couple days to a week before departure and they usually show up again or I receive a rejection.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris_FL said:

Thanks everyone.  I'm really happy with the cabin we selected, but would live to go to a suite.  I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised on saturday.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

I have always received notification one way or another...yes/no.  Maybe an IT issue.

Chris_FL, I hope you get your suite, but if not, have a wonderful cruise!🥰

Edited by Lastdance

Go to your email - you should have received an email confirming your bid from the 3rd party - Upgrade. There is a link there to modify, view or cancel your bid. There seems to be a problem with the Celebrity site - showing  bids. 

• Like 1