Seattle Port Valet question

Jetswdo

For those of you who have used Port Valet (your luggage picked up on ship and taken directly to you airline after cruise) in Seattle:

Is it better to sign up before the NCL cruise, or would that confuse things on the ship?  I'm asking because in the past, I have always just booked this on whatever cruise I am on, when this was offered.  I just saw that the Seattle port is pushing to sign up in advance on their website.  I'm just wondering if people on NCL has signed up in advance, or just did it once on board the ship.  Thanks in advance for into.

4 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

For those of you who have used Port Valet (your luggage picked up on ship and taken directly to you airline after cruise) in Seattle:

Is it better to sign up before the NCL cruise, or would that confuse things on the ship?  I'm asking because in the past, I have always just booked this on whatever cruise I am on, when this was offered.  I just saw that the Seattle port is pushing to sign up in advance on their website.  I'm just wondering if people on NCL has signed up in advance, or just did it once on board the ship.  Thanks in advance for into.

We have always signed up once we are on the ship. The ship's personnel will need to track the request and get things authorized. It's a great service and we use it on every Alaska cruise out of Seattle (and we cruise Alaska every year). 

• Like 1

I signed up on the Port Valet website prior to my cruise to Alaska.  Inquired midweek or so, but NCL didn't know anything about my signup.  So I signed up a few days before arriving in Seattle with the forms provided by the ship. My bags were waiting for me in Long Beach upon arrival. Great service....I recommend ......

We all signed up ahead of time before boarding the Bliss. I did check at Customer Service on the ship to verify that we were indeed on the list for Port Valet and, yes, it's such a great service when your flight is much later in the day. We walked over to Pike Market to explore and then took the Monorail over to Seattle Center (Space Needle) etc. After sightseeing in Seattle, taking the light rail to the airport was a breeze. 😊

• Like 1

I used the Port Valet service this summer while sailing on the Sun. I signed up prior to boarding through the Port Valet website. I was very pleased and impressed with this service. It is definitely a service that I wish more cruise ports offered. 

• Like 2

We are planning on doing this for our cruise out of Seattle next year. I know that on the Disembarking "timeline" there is a specific time for PortValet passengers. If your flight is later in the day I assume you can disembark later in the process.

2 hours ago, SpanishForker said:

We are planning on doing this for our cruise out of Seattle next year. I know that on the Disembarking "timeline" there is a specific time for PortValet passengers. If your flight is later in the day I assume you can disembark later in the process.

You will likely find that you must disembark earlier than you may want to!

Last August I signed up for Port Valet service on the website in advance, and once on the ship inquired at guest services if I was indeed on their list.

I was told they don’t get the information on the ship till a day or two before debarkation and if I didn’t receive any information in our stateroom the last day to check back in at guest services. Luckily the luggge tags and boarding passes showed up!

Thanks for all the responses.  Maybe I will just sign up on the ship as I have always done in the past without a problem.  I am admittedly one of those "paranoid" people, that would fear that somehow the info wouldn't be relayed properly to NCL system--- or I would be the one person that would be messed up with this by not doing the sign up directly with the ship.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:12 PM, SpanishForker said:

You can disembark any time you want. There are times allocated to deconflict you from passengers picking up luggage in the baggage hall, but you are not compelled to disembark until all ashore is called around 9:30.