Getting refunded for Cruise Next Certificates

Skjhoward

We are having quite a bit of difficulty getting NCL to refund the Cruise Next Certificates we purchased onboard our Transatlantic sailing on NCL Getaway on June 3rd.

We purchased then on June 14th and requested a cancelation the next day while on our second NCL Cruise on Getaway leaving June 15th.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

How were you trying to cancel them?

On board or through land.

Those purchased on the TA would probably have gone shore side end of cruise, CN on board would have closed the CN book day before.

(mine hit our account same day cruise ended)

There is an anomaly with CN they get dated as the start of the cruise  not he end when you actually get them 

not relevant to your issue but found out to day that a % voucher on account with expiry 13 July  expires at the beginning of the day not the end as you would expect.

56 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

How were you trying to cancel them?

On board or through land.

Those purchased on the TA would probably have gone shore side end of cruise, CN on board would have closed the CN book day before.

(mine hit our account same day cruise ended)

There is an anomaly with CN they get dated as the start of the cruise  not he end when you actually get them 

not relevant to your issue but found out to day that a % voucher on account with expiry 13 July  expires at the beginning of the day not the end as you would expect.

They told us we couldn't cancel onboard. Trying to cancel shoreline. Started with an NCL chat.  Given a specific case number and advised not to follow up for 72 hrs. Second chat to follow up told to call Guest Services. Told no phone number or address to contact CN Department. Asked for a supervisor who then tells us all cancelation requests must be submitted via email. Did that but received an email saying CN department can't access case numbers and needed more info including NCL latitude numbers.  Sent that immediately. Now 72 hours later not heard back from NCL so recent all information again. BTW sent a certified letter priority mail last week to NCL hq with verification of our cancelation request.  

We are coming up today on day 29.

Don't know how to get a response or how to get our money back. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

OF COURSE they should have handled your refund better. Much better! But has been mentioned there is also the option of selling them in a Facebook group or elsewhere. It seems to me that Demand is higher than supply!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

OF COURSE they should have handled your refund better. Much better! But has been mentioned there is also the option of selling them in a Facebook group or elsewhere. It seems to me that Demand is higher than supply!

That's where I get mine.....I don't buy them onboard any longer.  I wait until I want to book a cruise...and go to FB.  You should have no problem selling them there.

• Like 1

I want to send a big thank you to everyone who responded so quickly.

I just spoke with another Guest Services Representative who has assured me that the initial date that I contacted NCL via chat (which was on July 3, 2023) is the date that NCL opened the refund request. She confirmed the case number, reservation number, latitude number, and sailing date with me, and stated no other information was required at this point in time.  

She further stated that the request is under review and in process, and instructed me to check my emails and even my spam folders in case NCL needed further information. 

Finally, the Guest Services Representative instructed me to contact NCL  again if I had not received a response by August 3, 2023. 

One final question for those of you with past experience in receiving refunds from NCL. Does NCL normally take the full 30 days to respond and/or to refund the funds?

Thank you again everyone!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skjhoward said:

I want to send a big thank you to everyone who responded so quickly.

I just spoke with another Guest Services Representative who has assured me that the initial date that I contacted NCL via chat (which was on July 3, 2023) is the date that NCL opened the refund request. She confirmed the case number, reservation number, latitude number, and sailing date with me, and stated no other information was required at this point in time.  

She further stated that the request is under review and in process, and instructed me to check my emails and even my spam folders in case NCL needed further information. 

Finally, the Guest Services Representative instructed me to contact NCL  again if I had not received a response by August 3, 2023. 

One final question for those of you with past experience in receiving refunds from NCL. Does NCL normally take the full 30 days to respond and/or to refund the funds?

Thank you again everyone!

What I recall is this:

I was on the next to last Gem cruise before the COVID shutdown. I had bought 2 CN and as the days went by with all the dire COVID news, I got concerned that the line might go belly up. So around day #22, I decided cancellation was prudent. I did not spend long on the phone and was satisfied that my request was accepted. I don't think it took a full 30 days for the credit to show up on my cc online account.

1 hour ago, IrieBajan54 said:

What I recall is this:

I was on the next to last Gem cruise before the COVID shutdown. I had bought 2 CN and as the days went by with all the dire COVID news, I got concerned that the line might go belly up. So around day #22, I decided cancellation was prudent. I did not spend long on the phone and was satisfied that my request was accepted. I don't think it took a full 30 days for the credit to show up on my cc online account.

Thank you for sharing.