Iona delays - Sat 15th July!

johnnylikely

17 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

Not as fast as Oriana was, on her first Northern lights cruise we left Soton on Sunday at 5am due to repairs on a prop seal ongoing and previous cruise cut short so she could limp home for repairs.

we were alongside in Stavanger by 8am on Monday morning, Capt Camby was bragging on all day Sunday about how hard he was pushing her, we were 25 knots plus all the time and passing everything going up the North sea.

When we were in Alta, they had to fly divers up to check the props as there was a slick at the stern but it was a false alarm.

Oriana was the fastest, Aurora holds the record now. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 7:20 PM, Chrisdriving said:

Not as fast as Oriana was, on her first Northern lights cruise we left Soton on Sunday at 5am due to repairs on a prop seal ongoing and previous cruise cut short so she could limp home for repairs.

we were alongside in Stavanger by 8am on Monday morning, Capt Camby was bragging on all day Sunday about how hard he was pushing her, we were 25 knots plus all the time and passing everything going up the North sea.

When we were in Alta, they had to fly divers up to check the props as there was a slick at the stern but it was a false alarm.

We were on Oriana in 1996 after the propellors had been changed or modified in order to stop vibration (which they didn’t). We had to go up to max speed to test them. As I recall, this was at least 28 knots. We also cruised at around 25 knots for much of the rest of the cruise. Currently on Britannia floating along at 8-10 knots 😂 

• Like 2

Hi all!

Currently having a great time on Iona but I have another question that I really have no idea about! 
Maritime connection… can anyone explain how this works? 
Is this something that you connection off the ship?

I have been using my data roaming (I have EU data roaming included with my provider) and have been connecting to ‘Telenor’ everytime we have been close to or on land but I’ve remained with no service whilst at sea

My partner received a text message at 2am This morning to say he was connected to a maritime network however we were at sea and asleep at the time but did mention data was available for business customers only. He is also now connected to Telenor again and we are in port for the day. 

Basically I’m concerned about any charges I might get stung  with a huge bill 🤣 

Any help and guidance would be appreciated! 

thank you!