OBC credit - loyalty bonus

The Wilkies

Did a search but no result. Am I misremembering or did Princess give you additional OBC when you had completed, say, 25 cruises? It wasn’t very much, but it there was its probably gone the same way as quite a few perks.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Currently on the Emerald, we have flowers on our MDR table.

We did, too.  It really all depends on if they can get them or not.  I find a lot of what is currently on Princess is a lot better than what used to be.  I’d gladly give up the before with what they’ve offered since the post CoVid restart!  

Oh .. btw, if you happen to get over to the future cruise sales office, they have some great deals on select cruises.  All of the women there are so awesome.  If you see Heather, tell her thank you for taking care of my bookings the day we left.  I know it was her!  What a sweetheart!  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

If you see Heather, tell her thank you for taking care of my bookings the day we left.  I know it was her!  What a sweetheart!  

I met with her yesterday.  Unfortunately, none of their current discounted offerings worked for us.  I did find out about the 12/01/24 Majestic sailing, LA to Ft Lauderdale, 51 days.  It opens for Elites on July 26th.

I will pass on your thanks!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I met with her yesterday.  Unfortunately, none of their current discounted offerings worked for us.  I did find out about the 12/01/24 Majestic sailing, LA to Ft Lauderdale, 51 days.  It opens for Elites on July 26th.

I will pass on your thanks!

Thank you so much for that!  
too bad you could not take advantage of that sale.  My DH won’t go on longer cruise so I booked 6 additional shorter sailings while onboard.  If she doesn’t know exactly who we are, we are Jeannie’s friends and had lunch with her in SF on the holiday.  Cathia, Simone and KoKo also helped us .. love them all.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Just one of many loyalty perks gone.

You say many... care to expand as to which perks are gone?  I guess "free wifi" but it was replaced with a 50% discount.  No more coffee card exchange, so it's hard to say if that was eliminated or rather trade options were reduced.  Others??

13 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

You say many... care to expand as to which perks are gone?  I guess "free wifi" but it was replaced with a 50% discount.  No more coffee card exchange, so it's hard to say if that was eliminated or rather trade options were reduced.  Others??

loyalty benefit starting at 25 cruises gone

As far as the rest some changed over time

Internet changed from a free set of minutes, to a 50% discount on unlimited. When that change was made they added 10% discount on excursions

Minibar benefit still there but option of trading for a coffee card is gone. Basically because the coffee card program nolonger exist.

New change that 1 person cannot claim both veterans benefit and shareholder benefit at the same time. If two in cabin and one is eligeable for veterans then the other can claim shareholder if they hold shares is there name

Some have stated that they have not been able to claim the 10% on retail sales if the item is discounted already.

Most Captains Circle benefits still intact.

6 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

How many do you need? You mentioned two, and we were already talking about a third.  

If you are happy with the ongoing cuts, then good for you.

7 hours ago, ldtr said:

Some have stated that they have not been able to claim the 10% on retail sales if the item is discounted already.

You pretty much covered it.

On one of our trips  we were denied the 10 % Elite discount on liquor which was on special sale, like buy 2 bottles liquor & get a special price.

Although the prices was very close to those on land, it always made it convenient to make purchases on the ship. 

I just thought of something. What about the elimination of upgraded cabin items? Weren't they strictly for the Elite?

They're gone now. 

Edited by MissP22

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

What about the elimination of upgraded cabin items? Weren't they strictly for the Elite?

I think there was a "special" package for elite, so yes, that would be another.  How many benefits are there left is probably a better question at this point. 

46 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I think there was a "special" package for elite, so yes, that would be another.  How many benefits are there left is probably a better question at this point. 

The only things I can think of that remain are the ones that don't cost Princess one penny, like priority tendering, Elite boarding lounge, special color Medallion and being able to book cruises ahead of others. Of course there's 10% off spa treatments and photo packages, if you can consider that a perk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I just thought of something. What about the elimination of upgraded cabin items? Weren't they strictly for the Elite?

They're gone now. 

Yep, the little gold bag has been gone for a while and they finally took it off the list of perks.  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

Happy that we still have free laundry, that's probably the perk we use the most.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The only things I can think of that remain are the ones that don't cost Princess one penny, like priority tendering, Elite boarding lounge, special color Medallion and being able to book cruises ahead of others. Of course there's 10% off spa treatments and photo packages, if you can consider that a perk.

Only if you ignore the ones that do cost.

Minibar

laundry

10% excursion credit

Internet discount

On a recent 22 day cruise those benefits saved my wife and I around $710

internet $220

2 minibar swapped for softdrinks $90

Laundry $260 (we were in the middle of a 60 day trip so we made heavy use of the laundry)

Excursion credit  $140 (used ship excursions a 5 ports, 2 excursions, average excursion cost $140, )

one doesn't have to use them, but they are there and do have value if one chooses to make use of them. 

In addition since I did mention the obc programs above we also received $950 in obc from Princess veterans, shareholder, fcds. Which we will continue to get even with the recent change. 

So at a minimum the benefits cost Princess $1650 in opportunity costs (lost revenue)

Edited by ldtr

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Only if you ignore the ones that do cost.

Minibar

laundry

10% excursion credit

Internet discount

On a recent 22 day cruise those benefits saved my wife and I around $710

internet $220

2 minibar swapped for softdrinks $90

Laundry $260 (we were in the middle of a 60 day trip so we made heavy use of the laundry)

Excursion credit  $140 (used ship excursions a 5 ports, 2 excursions, average excursion cost $140, )

one doesn't have to use them, but they are there and do have value if one chooses to make use of them. 

In addition since I did mention the obc programs above we also received $950 in obc from Princess veterans, shareholder, fcds. Which we will continue to get even with the recent change. 

So at a minimum the benefits cost Princess $1650 in opportunity costs (lost revenue)

We hardly use the laundry at all since they seem to ruin our things so our use is minimal at most.

How you determine the cost of soda is puzzling. $90 worth of soda is quite a bit unless you calculate their price by the can which is ridiculously high. 

If you sail with one of their plus packages, it's totally worthless. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We hardly use the laundry at all since they seem to ruin our things so our use is minimal at most.

How you determine the cost of soda is puzzling. $90 worth of soda is quite a bit unless you calculate their price by the can which is ridiculously high. 

If you sail with one of their plus packages, it's totally worthless. 

total of 40 cans (2 setups) at 2.25 per can if purchased on board.

It's the buyers choice if they want to spend the money and negate the benefits. The benefits are still there.

The benefits create a good value for us. Together with the benefits and obc (more than enough to cover the out of pocket internet costs, and gratuities and an occasional drink)

which means that we do not need to spend what would have been an additional $2640 on packages for that trip.

15 hours ago, ldtr said:

total of 40 cans (2 setups) at 2.25 per can if purchased on board.

It's the buyers choice if they want to spend the money and negate the benefits. The benefits are still there.

The benefits create a good value for us. Together with the benefits and obc (more than enough to cover the out of pocket internet costs, and gratuities and an occasional drink)

which means that we do not need to spend what would have been an additional $2640 on packages for that trip.

So using your accounting method, I could have saved thousands of dollars by buying everything that was included in the coupon book and special offers they presented me on our last cruise. LOL 😆