Venezia Terrazza

MsTabbyKats

Has anyone stayed in this area?  Opinions..........

The reason I am considering this is for the lounge area.  Hopefully more relaxed and pleasant than with the general population.  DH isn't what he used to be and I'm trying to avoid the crowds.

Thanks

• Like 1

I stayed in this area on the Venezia TA, and it was very nice.  I would do it again.  The lounge area itself is open to everyone, but it's rarely crowded.  They did kareoke there in the evenings, but again, not crowded. The outside area with loungers, clamshells, and two hot tubs, is only for people staying in Terrazza cabins, and it's wonderful.  It's not crowded at all and I was always able to find a comfortable place in the shade.  I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

I believe @TravelBluebird had a cabin there during the TA; perhaps she can give insight or the link to her YT.

Yes, I stayed in the Terrazza Carivale area, in a Terrazza Cabana, and I absolutely loved it! This video has both a room and cabana tour plus a tour of the Carnivale area including the bar: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks....I checked the videos/cabins and I also took a look at the lido.  The lido configuration (entertainment etc in the rear and the covered pool) should mean a more peaceful mid-ship lido experience.  So I upgraded from a cove balcony to a lido balcony.

• 3 months later...

Not sure if it is useful to bring this older thread back to life, but it seems so close to the original topic:

The Terrazza Carnevale area doesn't have the large-ish pool that the regular Vista class ships have in their Havana-exclusive area.

Is this exclusive area on Venezia still worthwhile as a result?  Sure, there are still hots tubs, but now all the people who would hang out in the pool are likely to migrate to the hot tubs, thus overfilling them.

Are there any other aspects of the Venezia that differentiate from the Vista class that you'd feel make the Terrazza Carnevale "upcharge" (a la the Vista-class Havana area) more or less worthwhile?

On 10/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Not sure if it is useful to bring this older thread back to life, but it seems so close to the original topic:

The Terrazza Carnevale area doesn't have the large-ish pool that the regular Vista class ships have in their Havana-exclusive area.

Is this exclusive area on Venezia still worthwhile as a result?  Sure, there are still hots tubs, but now all the people who would hang out in the pool are likely to migrate to the hot tubs, thus overfilling them.

Are there any other aspects of the Venezia that differentiate from the Vista class that you'd feel make the Terrazza Carnevale "upcharge" (a la the Vista-class Havana area) more or less worthwhile?

The Venezia doesn't have a pool in the Terrazza area; only hot tubs.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

The Venezia doesn't have a pool in the Terrazza area; only hot tubs.

Right, that was the basis of my whole question. 

On 10/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

The Terrazza Carnevale area doesn't have the large-ish pool...

So...is it worth it to you to book in that area?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 11:20 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Pros: Sea day brunch in the steak house, continental breakfast in the bar area. Quiet and peaceful. You tend to get to know your cruise mates since the area out back it not as crowded and only used by the Terezza cabins.

All of this is true! Its not quite a “ship within a ship” concept, but has many of the features of one. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 2:27 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

So...is it worth it to you to book in that area

It depends. For me, having the room with the large area to lay out in the sun with a wonderful. hammock for my “balcony” AND a peaceful area at the back of the ship with great seating and views made it totally worth it! But having an outdoor area that is not crowded with great views to sit with a book or drink, and to look at the ocean and docking at ports, etc. is high up on my list! If you are more of a pool person, might not be worth it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

It depends. For me, having the room with the large area to lay out in the sun with a wonderful. hammock for my “balcony” AND a peaceful area at the back of the ship with great seating and views made it totally worth it! But having an outdoor area that is not crowded with great views to sit with a book or drink, and to look at the ocean and docking at ports, etc. is high up on my list! If you are more of a pool person, might not be worth it.

I compare it to NCL's Vibe area. It only offers the hot tubs, lounge chairs and bar area. My only concern is that I don't see too many lounge chairs back there. It looks to be mostly chairs. 

• Like 3

I thoroughly enjoyed the Terrazza Cabana and the Carnavale area on the Venezia TA cruise.  It was so nice to have an uncrowded, quiet area to get away from the crowds and noise.  That being said, I would not have paid full price for the Terrazza Cabana.  I got an attractive upgrade offer from a standard balcony so I took it.  

• Like 3