MSC Dress Code

steilkurve

Hey folks. Sailing with MSC first time, and first time on a ship in 4 yrs! What should we expect for dress code on MSC gala nights. Web site seems to suggest whatever floats your boat. Is that reallly the case or do folks dress up formally? Thanks!

It depends on where your cruise sails from, and how long it is.  If it is at least 7 days, you might have up to 40%, maybe more, guests from Europe.  My observation is they dress up more for evenings, even non-gala nights.  Especially the women.  EM

• Like 2

It really is whatever floats your boat. Some people will dress up, and some won't.

We didn't always dress for dinner on our recent Virtuosa cruise in YC - sometimes went in shorts and t-shirts. Was no issue. Lovely and relaxed cruise.

• Like 1

I agree with Essiesmom, with one exception: although the women exhibit that effortless chic, it was the men who impressed me with their style. Sport coats or really nice long-sleeve shirts even on casual evenings.  Not a single Hard Rock or Greatest Grandpa t-shirt to be seen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It depends on where your cruise sails from, and how long it is.  If it is at least 7 days, you might have up to 40%, maybe more, guests from Europe.  My observation is they dress up more for evenings, even non-gala nights.  Especially the women.  EM

I absolutely agree with this!

On 7/14/2023 at 9:39 PM, steilkurve said:

Hey folks. Sailing with MSC first time, and first time on a ship in 4 yrs! What should we expect for dress code on MSC gala nights. Web site seems to suggest whatever floats your boat. Is that reallly the case or do folks dress up formally? Thanks!

On our recent Seaside 7 night cruise it was all over the place at night. Some men wearing basketball shorts and tank tops at night and women wearing shorts to men and women looking like they stepped out of a fashion magazine.  And on the 70's themed night, there were some absolutely incredible outfits. For me it's jeans or dress jeans at night with either a polo or button down shirt each evening. I gave up with 'fancy dress' years ago, I'm on a cruise I really don't want to bring dress clothes. 🙂 

• Like 1

It really is dress the way you want.

If you do decide you want to dress up on the theme nights I can tell you that there is almost always a: white party ( everyone wears as much white as possible ), Italian night, Gala night, and 70’s night.

As said above, it depends really on from where you sail and your sailing's demographics.

That said; generally for us in Europe, going to dinner in a cruise is like going on a nice premium restaurant on land. Me for one, usually go with trousers and a collared shirt most nights, including formal one, with no tie. On first and last nights I'd go normally with a polo shirt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sea rabbit said:

On a 14 night cruise how many gala nights and theme nights would there be? We like to dress up, tuxedo for husband and dress for me. Also like to get involved with theme nights if I know what they are!😁

THEME EVENTS ON SEASCAPE JUNE 11-18, 2023

Sunday         Sail Away Party 5pm Marina Pool

Glow Party 11:15 Le Cabaret Rouge

Monday       Gatsby Moment 6:45 Atrium

Gatsby Party 11 pm LCR

Tuesday        Sunshine Moment 8:30 Atrium

Sunshine Party 10:30 Atrium

Wednesday Kids/Family Deck Party & Cupcake

Decoration 6pm Marina Pool

White Moment 8:15 Atrium

White Party 10:45 Marina Pool

Thursday     Snow Party 4:30 Marina Pool

Silent Space Disco 11pm LCR

Friday           Latin Party 10:45 Marina Pool

Saturday      Farewell Party 11:15 Atrium

THEME EVENTS ON SEASCAPE JULY 16-23, 2023

Sunday Sailaway Party 5:15 Marina pool

Movie “Top Gun” 10pm Marina pool

Glow Party Le Cabaret Rouge 11pm

Monday Tropical Party 10:45pm Marina pool

Tuesday Gala Night

Wednesday Sunshine Party 10:45pm Atrium

Movie “Jurassic World Dominion” 10:30pm

Thursday Silent Space Party 11pm LCR

Friday White Night 10:45 Marina pool

Family Deck Party & Cupcake Decoration

6pm Marina pool

Saturday Farewell Party 11 pm Atrium

Notice the similarities and differences. Weather permitting. Movies under the stars on one and not the other. two different cruise directors and a new third CD from UK this month of August 2023

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1