Switching booking from direct Princess to a TA.

Tinknock50

I have received the form to switch from booking directly with Princess to a TA. I filled it out and sent it in to the email address listed on the form.

Is it typical that they don't send an acknowledgement that they have received it?    I sent a second email to ask if they got it. No response.

Called Princess and they didn't have an answer, even with the help of a supervisor.  Does anyone know of a direct number to call that department?

And finally, how long does it typically take for the switch to happen?  

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Tinknock50

@Tinknock50 My experience with this procedure is that once you send the completed form to the Princess email address, the agent that I named on the form was able to proceed with my booking. That usually happens right away- i.e., within 24 hours. In my case, almost immediately.

Perhaps you can check in with your agent now, with your booking number and go ahead with it. 

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called our TA to have her take over our booking. She filled out the form and emailed me a copy saying it could take up to a week to get it done. The next day she sent another email with the confirmation showing the booking had been switched over to her. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

My TA tried to submit the form himself but was told that I needed to 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was nervous too because I didn’t receive an acknowledgment email (and customer service didn’t have a clue 😒). 
After 2-3 days I logged in and saw my TA’s name on the booking.
Ran smoothly but it would have been nice to receive an email that the form was submitted ok 😑

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Did you email it or fax it?  Does it have to be signed if email?

There is a line at the bottom of the form for the passenger requesting the transfer to sign and date. I believe this is why your TA can not submit for you. 

While I was recently on board the Sapphire, the future cruise consultant said your TA is supposed to supply the form to you with their info filled in so you can sign and forward to Princess. 

As I have the form and know the correct info for my TA, I fill in the info myself. On the form, it requests your TA’s phone number, my understanding is this needs to be the official number Princess has for that agency and it is usually NOT a 800 or toll free number.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, geejay said:

Guess we were just lucky. I emailed my TA requesting that she transfer the booking to her Gave her our booking number and she took it from there. This was less than a week ago.

Will assume your TA knows how to provide ‘your signature’ :).

• Haha 1

Thank for all of your responses. Princess instructed me download the form, fill it out and sign it. Then email it to them.

They said aTA can’t do that for me.

I guess I will wait a couple more days and further explore what’s going on if I don’t see a change online. Have the TA check on it too.

• Thanks 1

Yay……it finally got switched today. I was getting nervous about missing the current good pricing.

I just saved $550 making the switch.

Still think it would be more professional to receive an email notification that Princess received my request.

• Like 4

Princess is being sneaky with this lately.  We have 4 cabins booked on a sailing in Nov.  due to the problems with long hold times we decided to switch to a TA.  Ours and my parents we sent right away.  I had to mail the form to my brother and SILs.  By the time they got the form and mailed it, a week had passed by.  We waited about a month, the TA said she could see ours and my parents.  I had my brother and SILs fill their out again and resend by email.  This time a week goes by, still no transfer.  We had them resend their emails.  Princess came back and said they won’t accept transfers after 45 days of booking.  If they would have processed it the first time it was sent in, it would have been within 45 days.  Now we have a split booking. 2 rooms are with the TA and 2 rooms direct with Princess. 

45 minutes ago, Cruisin Oma said:

Princess is being sneaky with this lately.  We have 4 cabins booked on a sailing in Nov.  due to the problems with long hold times we decided to switch to a TA.  Ours and my parents we sent right away.  I had to mail the form to my brother and SILs.  By the time they got the form and mailed it, a week had passed by.  We waited about a month, the TA said she could see ours and my parents.  I had my brother and SILs fill their out again and resend by email.  This time a week goes by, still no transfer.  We had them resend their emails.  Princess came back and said they won’t accept transfers after 45 days of booking.  If they would have processed it the first time it was sent in, it would have been within 45 days.  Now we have a split booking. 2 rooms are with the TA and 2 rooms direct with Princess. 

UNACCEPTABLE.  CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

UNACCEPTABLE.  CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.

I haven’t seen it in writing. But apparently the policy is 45 days. I wonder if that applies to FCC you book onboard without a specific destination in mind?  Do you have to make up your mind within 45 days of purchasing?

2 minutes ago, Cruisin Oma said:

I haven’t seen it in writing. But apparently the policy is 45 days. I wonder if that applies to FCC you book onboard without a specific destination in mind?  Do you have to make up your mind within 45 days of purchasing?

It was 60 days most recently. 

However, that was not why I wrote "unacceptable".  What is unacceptable to me is the delay at PCL in processing the form and then refusing to make the change because their imposed time limit had passed.  Was there any proof of the two submissions?  I would write CR dept about it.  It is very poor on PCL part if I understand your story correctly.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 7:52 AM, Tinknock50 said:

I have received the form to switch from booking directly with Princess to a TA. I filled it out and sent it in to the email address listed on the form.

Is it typical that they don't send an acknowledgement that they have received it?    I sent a second email to ask if they got it. No response.

Called Princess and they didn't have an answer, even with the help of a supervisor.  Does anyone know of a direct number to call that department?

And finally, how long does it typically take for the switch to happen?  

Thanks for any help.

I have done this before but my T/A handled everything.  I never had to fill anything out. 

Can’t your T/A do this as mine has done before?

Tom🤔

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

I have done this before but my T/A handled everything.  I never had to fill anything out. 

Can’t your T/A do this as mine has done before?

Tom🤔

My TA says they need a SIGNED copy from the cruiser.  I sent mine in last Tuesday but still hasn't been processed yet.

16 hours ago, Cruisin Oma said:

That’s awful and what I feared they would do to me.

I was told 60 days by Princess.

Maybe you should call back and get a different answer,as happened to me on a separate matter.

The top of the request form states:

Please complete and return this form to adminsupport@princesscruises.com. If you would like to transfer multiple cabins, a form must be signed and submitted by one guest per cabin.

Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.  

Make sure you're using the latest dated form.  Please note at the very bottom of the form (lower right).  The date should read: 03042022.    Yes, the request must be signed.

Five (5) months ago I sent a request form using my “Travel Agent” phone number and it was rejected.  They could not find my travel agent.  My TA has been working with Princess for over 30 years.  Go figure!  On the form the “Phone Number for the New Agency” must be the “booking” phone number.  What!  I never heard of such a thing.  After talking to my TA, she gave me the “booking phone number” for the agency.  Not her direct line.

The Revenue Department sent me an email with a request to resubmit the form with the correct phone number.  The form was resubmitted.  After another 30 days -- nothing.  So, I sent another email asking why the booking was not approved.  I stated (in the email) that the "updated" form was submitted at their request.  They sent another email an apologized.  My request was finally approved well after the 120 days from when I created the booking.  John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

That’s awful and what I feared they would do to me.

I was told 60 days by Princess.

Maybe you should call back and get a different answer,as happened to me on a separate matter.

That does happen a lot with Princess. Lol. But in the case the answer came via email.