Ruby refurbished?

phabric

6 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

We were on the Ruby in 2018 when she was getting some updates. What a mess.

A family member that had a cruise to Australia and Princess had sold the ship.  The crew were working dismantling some things while they were on the ship.  He wrote to Princess about the mess and that work should not be done while paying passengers were on the ship.  They received a good OBC that paid for an Alaska cruise.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, phabric said:

Did Ruby get the refit?

28 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

I am also following.....

Please consider checking the following thread out, beginning on page 6. @partybarbie graciously shared their initial observations while sailing on the cruise immediately after the October dry dock (SFO-FLL Panama Canal) and it turned essentially into a live blog of their experiences by the end of it.

• Like 2

The Ruby looks good. The only issue I had was apparently for safety reason, they have installed motion sensor lights under the night stands and in the area between the closet & bathroom. They light up every time you get up or even when you roll over and trigger the light. We had our cabin stewart cover the señor with tape.

A nice idea to prevent stumbling in the dark but a little much especially if you like a dark room.   

8 hours ago, Pirateskigirl said:

The Ruby looks good. The only issue I had was apparently for safety reason, they have installed motion sensor lights under the night stands and in the area between the closet & bathroom. They light up every time you get up or even when you roll over and trigger the light. We had our cabin stewart cover the señor with tape.

A nice idea to prevent stumbling in the dark but a little much especially if you like a dark room.   

Wow, it was a neat feature we really liked. It's similar to what we have at home. It's not strong enough to blind anyone but keeps you from stumbling in a dark cabin. I only wish the auto light in the closet area would stay on longer. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Wow, it was a neat feature we really liked. It's similar to what we have at home. It's not strong enough to blind anyone but keeps you from stumbling in a dark cabin. I only wish the auto light in the closet area would stay on longer. 

We had it last month on Emerald Princess.  We liked it as well.  Ditto on the closet light.

• Like 3