Thermal Suite

dls1203

I am a little confused, I am really leaning towards getting the Thermal suite 7 day pass but it is asking me to book a time?  Is this normal?  I can come and go as I please with the pass, correct?

Thanks for all your help, this is my Holland America cruise and first since Covid, things have changed a bit

5 minutes ago, friendswithdave said:

The time request is something messed up on the website. No time is required. You go as you please once you book it for the week. If they require you enter a time, just stick something in there. I'm 99% sure it will be ignored.

We are also booked in September.  The spa is open for your pleasure.  The heated loungers are very popular; so limiting your usage is appreciated; if there are others in the area.  Otherwise the other amenities are at your pleasure.  

34 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

We are also booked in September.  The spa is open for your pleasure.  The heated loungers are very popular; so limiting your usage is appreciated; if there are others in the area.  Otherwise the other amenities are at your pleasure.  

Was it busy in the mornings?  like between 7-9 AM, getting old sucks and I typically spend my mornings with a cup of coffee and in the hot tub first thing in the morning so I can get my body working, the pain in the morning is rough and not thinking any hot tubs will be open that early

15 minutes ago, dls1203 said:

Was it busy in the mornings?  like between 7-9 AM, getting old sucks and I typically spend my mornings with a cup of coffee and in the hot tub first thing in the morning so I can get my body working, the pain in the morning is rough and not thinking any hot tubs will be open that early

The time of day may be determined by sea days vs a port. I have found that the spa passes are not oversold.  I have never been disappointed when I have a visit.

19 minutes ago, dls1203 said:

I think the thermal suite opens at 8 AM. It's often quiet in the morning. If I'm in there alone, sometimes I don't even bother to turn on the bubbles. The hydropool is great for physical therapy. I walked off mild sciatica in a ship's thermal pool. 

Which ship are you on? The two smallest don't have a hydropool, just a jacuzzi.

• Like 1

Are the Thermal Suites worth it on the Vista class ships like the Westerdam?  We just did a NCL Cruise on the Bliss and they have a gigantic but very expensive Thermal Suite at the aft end of the ship.  (FYI - Cost for two on Westerdam is is less than half of one person on Bliss.)

Totally understand I am just seeking personal experiences and opinions on this.  Also have the Koningsdam next year to consider.

Edited by scooter6139

Just now, scooter6139 said:

Are the Thermal Suites worth it on the Vista class ships like the Westerdam?  We just did a NCL Cruise on the Bliss and they have a gigantic but very expensive Thermal Suite at the aft end of the ship.  

Totally understand I am just seeking personal experiences and opinions on this.  Also have the Koningsdam next year to consider.

I love the thermal suites on the Vistas. The hydropool is pleasantly warm, but not lobster-boil hot. There are loungers and chairs around the pool. The ceramic heated loungers are in a separate room, and there's also steam, and maybe a sauna. I don't use those. I just use the pool and the heated loungers. . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dls1203 said:

I am on the Zaandam, I understand it is a smaller ship with a small thermal suite but I am just interested in the hot tub and heated chairs so that I can manage in the morning.  

If that will get your day started, you'll be happy with it. DH used to fall asleep in the heated loungers. 

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

Are the Thermal Suites worth it on the Vista class ships like the Westerdam? 

YES!!! 
Those water jets hitting just the spot on your back, or other place!  
Those heated loungers! 
Heaven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dls1203 said:

I am a little confused, I am really leaning towards getting the Thermal suite 7 day pass but it is asking me to book a time?  Is this normal?  I can come and go as I please with the pass, correct?

Thanks for all your help, this is my Holland America cruise and first since Covid, things have changed a bit

Never had it ask me for a time when prepaying online. Probably a glitch, but you could call in to book if you prefer.

Also considering a pass. We will be on a Vista ship. I saw pictures of the pool and the loungers. What other rooms do they have? Sauna, aromatherapy? We were on an MSC megaship and the thermal spa had both a wet and dry sauna, as well as a salt room with loungers and a snow room. Yes snow. It was awesome to sit in the snow room and then get into a warm pool. 

15 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Are the Thermal Suites worth it on the Vista class ships like the Westerdam?  We just did a NCL Cruise on the Bliss and they have a gigantic but very expensive Thermal Suite at the aft end of the ship.  (FYI - Cost for two on Westerdam is is less than half of one person on Bliss.)

We were on the Westerdam in early June and had booked the full week in the thermal suite, which was our first time trying it.  It was very nice, indeed, and we enjoyed it a lot. We felt is was very much worth the cost.  

10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Also considering a pass. We will be on a Vista ship. I saw pictures of the pool and the loungers. What other rooms do they have? Sauna, aromatherapy? We were on an MSC megaship and the thermal spa had both a wet and dry sauna, as well as a salt room with loungers and a snow room. Yes snow. It was awesome to sit in the snow room and then get into a warm pool. 

I am not an expert on all the thermal suite room types and functions, but on the Westerdam they had a dry Sauna (open to all guests I believe) and two wet Saunas or steam rooms, I believe, with one having aromatherapy, and one not.  There was another small room that I am not sure what its function was.  

1 hour ago, nannygoatjunction said:

If you pre-purchase the thermal spa, are you charged the 18% gratuity?

I believe the price includes the gratuity, for the weekly cost for our Westerdam cruise was $149.  My credit card was charged 2x$149=$298.

• Like 1