using cruise lines tranfers from airport to ship

nancy1031

6 minutes ago, nancy1031 said:

am traveling solo- has anyone used the transfers provided by the cruise line (Carnival) think it costs $25 each way-  (from FLL -Mia port) -

You might ask on the Carnival boards.

Not sure what your actual question is. For a solo, $25 isn't a bad price to get from FLL to PortMiami. You might have to wait for the bus to fill up, so if your flight arrives early in the a.m., you'll be waiting around for a bit. Then again, you'd have to wait anyway because you won't be able to board at 6 a.m. either.

ok- friend is dropping me off at airport ( lives near fll) due to all the construction / traffic down by port- so I can be at airport say 11am- that'll give me plenty timwe to catch bus  to ship-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those flying in day of cruise, or if your friend is delayed- the checkin cutoff is due to having to submit a manifest to US CBP. When using the cruise line transfer, your name can be added as soon as you board the bus. Lowers the stress factor.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:02 PM, nancy1031 said:

ok- friend is dropping me off at airport ( lives near fll) due to all the construction / traffic down by port- so I can be at airport say 11am- that'll give me plenty timwe to catch bus  to ship-

I would make sure you can use the bus  transport   some lines  only will take people arriving on a flight

FLL you can get to baggage claim area  where the  Rep will be   so as long as your name is on the list  they will check you in

If  flight time is needed just look for a flight arriving  near the time you want to be on the bus  & give them that info

I am sure they do not check the manifests

I have used the Carnival shuttle from FLL airport to Miami many times.  You do not need to be flying in to use it.  I always noted on check-in, that I was coming in a few days before.  

The buses start running about 9:30 am- 10 am to port.  I would get dropped at Terminal 1  look for Carnival representatives near luggage carousals.  They will check your printout or take your name. Once the bus gets near, someone will lead the gathered people to the bus area.  After everyone at Terminal 1 is on, they stop at Terminal 2, then Terminal 3.  There is no sit and wait.  

On 7/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, Dancer Bob said:

For those flying in day of cruise, or if your friend is delayed- the checkin cutoff is due to having to submit a manifest to US CBP. When using the cruise line transfer, your name can be added as soon as you board the bus. Lowers the stress factor.

Your name is on the ship manifest when you complete online check-in.