Noise from above?

cate54

Booked our first interior room. We are sailing on the Zuiderdam in room 1060 under the BB King lounge.

Can anyone please tell me how noisy this might be and at what hours?

TIA for any info

Cathy

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I've also got a noise from above question - I'll be sailing on Zuidy in 8133, which is underneath the Lido pool - I'm assuming that any noise will likely be in the morning/during the days, rather than late at night? 

That depends on when the staff lines up the chairs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I've also got a noise from above question - I'll be sailing on Zuidy in 8133, which is underneath the Lido pool - I'm assuming that any noise will likely be in the morning/during the days, rather than late at night? 

The pool deck is often washed down at night, so that could incur dragging of chairs, tables, etc.

• Like 1

We usually get cabins under the Lido deck since we like the short flight of stairs access to this outdoor area and buffet.  Yes, there is some noise of chair scraping, but its is during expected working hours.

But the rest of the time we heard nothing - no noise coming over the edge of this activity area into our balcony, no noise from the Lido buffet area traffic routes. Just the late afternoon clean-up chair scraping on the Lido decks.

Plus appreciation why they tie all those deck chairs down at night, so rough seas don't toss them about, which would create havoc for the cabins below.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I've noticed clean up in the Lido is fairly early in the evening.  I don't think they move and stack chairs everyday.  I seem to recall they do that about once per week, but when I noticed it, they do start early when people start going to dinner.  That didn't mean the pool was closed; they were just prepping to clean the floor.  

8 hours ago, cate54 said:

Booked our first interior room. We are sailing on the Zuiderdam in room 1060 under the BB King lounge.

Can anyone please tell me how noisy this might be and at what hours?

TIA for any info

Cathy

There are up to 5 inside cabins on port side that will hear the boom-boom-boom of the BB King band until the lounge closes down. If you are normally up until midnight anyway, this should be all right. Otherwise, if you can either move forward a few cabins, down to the one closest to mid-ship, or starboard, and a cabin or two up, you will be fine. 

I have been in most of the starboard insides along that passageway on all the Vista and Signature ships, and have never heard a thing. 
On one of those cruises I had friends in an inside on port side of the ship, right around your cabin. They retired early, and were bothered by the band every night of the cruise. Sorry, I don't recall their cabin number. 

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

There are up to 5 inside cabins on port side that will hear the boom-boom-boom of the BB King band until the lounge closes down. If you are normally up until midnight anyway, this should be all right. Otherwise, if you can either move forward a few cabins, down to the one closest to mid-ship, or starboard, and a cabin or two up, you will be fine. 

I have been in most of the starboard insides along that passageway on all the Vista and Signature ships, and have never heard a thing. 
On one of those cruises I had friends in an inside on port side of the ship, right around your cabin. They retired early, and were bothered by the band every night of the cruise. Sorry, I don't recall their cabin number. 

Ruth,

Thanks so much. I was hoping you'd reply. You always have such amazing information to pass along. I have a call into my TA to make a change.

Cathy

• Thanks 1