New Entertainment Page

tnm6217

Thanks for posting this - much appreciated 

There’s certainly a lot of the same shows and entertainers from old Crystal 

I’m guessing that time has precluded a revisiting of the shows at this stage but I’m hoping new material and shows are planned soon - many of us have seen the standard shows such as the Broadway hits from Westside Story and Rent etc many times - even Icons, one of our favourites, will need a freshen up 

• Like 2

"iconic hits from everyone’s favorites, from The Rolling Stones, to The Beatles and Queen."

Sigh.  Yes, and let's bring back the Baked Alaska parade and strolling strings.  Folks, we're almost a quarter of the way into the 21st century.  Is a little Taylor Swift and maybe Beyonce(gasp) too much to hope for?

BTW, "Under Pressure" is a brilliant song.  Bowie wrote it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

It was a collaboration - I don’t believe Bowie wrote it alone - it was a number of members Queen together with Bowie 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Pressure

Great song though 

I do agree there are so many modern artists that could be covered in an Icons show - maybe copyright and licensing issues limit the options available to new Crystal 

Edited by Stickman1990

Time was the issue here not only for entertainers but for enrichment.

There was no one in place until late last year (one person) and the team was augmented about March of this year.  Developing shows takes a long time.  So it was far easier to bring back selected shows as it sometimes is to bring back selected enrichment in the  near term until future programs can be developed and rolled out.  Costs for new shows can also be quite large which is why when a show debuted it was carried over for several years.

Keith

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Time was the issue here not only for entertainers but for enrichment.

I guess for those who didn’t normally attend the shows or enrichment it will give them the opportunity try to experience them

Given a lot of these acts are engaged through agencies I’m sure there was some scope to engage new acts along with some of the old favourites - of course that would be subject to availability as like some ex guests many of the entertainers have made commitments on other lines for 2023 and 2024

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

"iconic hits from everyone’s favorites, from The Rolling Stones, to The Beatles and Queen."

Sigh.  Yes, and let's bring back the Baked Alaska parade and strolling strings.  Folks, we're almost a quarter of the way into the 21st century.  Is a little Taylor Swift and maybe Beyonce(gasp) too much to hope for?

I might recognize Taylor Swift if she walked into the room but have never heard one of her songs. Since Beyonce is a local, when she was first making money with Destiny's Child, she bought her mother a house down the street from me. Not sure I'd recognize her one way or the other and know I've never heard her sing. This street runs both ways!!

Patty

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I might recognize Taylor Swift if she walked into the room but have never heard one of her songs.

Wow...that would be quite an accomplishment!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TUCKERTOOTS said:

No mention at all of entertainment in the lounges. 🤔

They're coming….here’s a shot posted today of some of the onboard entertainment practicing in the Cove 

They're actually videos posted by Crystal on Instagram - these links may work but I suspect you’ll need to login to see them - https://instagram.com/stories/crystalcruises/3151272890880251232? and https://instagram.com/stories/crystalcruises/3151273474231027226?

IMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.2c926f59c93a4a6b3a67a761b10e75a8.jpeg

IMG_0502.thumb.jpeg.3e236ba671f3211718e51659b1739df3.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 10:08 PM, KenzSailing said:

Given the average age and musical tastes of the standard Crystal passenger, I cannot imagine Crystal would ever do a Taylor Swift/Beyonce show. This isn't Carnival or Disney. I'm probably on the lower end of the average Crystal passenger age, and I would MUCH rather hear classic rock than either of those ladies. They call it "classic" for a reason - it never gets old! Oh, and I love strolling strings. Baked Alaska, not so much. 😉 

On 7/20/2023 at 6:21 AM, Texas Tillie said:

I might recognize Taylor Swift if she walked into the room but have never heard one of her songs. Since Beyonce is a local, when she was first making money with Destiny's Child, she bought her mother a house down the street from me. Not sure I'd recognize her one way or the other and know I've never heard her sing. This street runs both ways!!

Patty

On 7/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, FlyerTalker said:

Who?

🙂

(No, not The Who)

I'm with both of you! 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lovet2travel said:

No magicians! Hope they'll be back

It hs been confirmed that the Magic at Sea programme will be on new Crystal 

The guy, Rich Bloc, who heads it is performing on the first couple of Serenity sailings 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

It hs been confirmed that the Magic at Sea programme will be on new Crystal 

The guy, Rich Bloc, who heads it is performing on the first couple of Serenity sailings 

Yay! I love watching magicians, and very much enjoyed the magician on my last Crystal cruise in 2019.

12 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'm probably on the lower end of the average Crystal passenger age, and I would MUCH rather hear classic rock than either of those ladies. They call it "classic" for a reason - it never gets old! Oh, and I love strolling strings. Baked Alaska, not so much. 😉 

I'm with both of you! 😁

My son turns 35 this year and he loves classic rock. 

The year before Covid he wound up ordering us tickets to see the Doobie Brothers and Santana. (Great concert btw!) And I've been to quite a few other classic rock concerts with him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtA said:

My son turns 35 this year and he loves classic rock. 

The year before Covid he wound up ordering us tickets to see the Doobie Brothers and Santana. (Great concert btw!) And I've been to quite a few other classic rock concerts with him.

He clearly has good taste in music!

I like to think I'm a reasonably "young" 63-yr-old. There is plenty of contemporary music I enjoy listening to. But the music of the 60s and 70s is still my favorite. I enjoy plenty of music from the 80's, 90's, and beyond...but none of it can hold a candle to the classic stuff, IMO. And I don't think it has anything to do with my age, or what music I grew up with...I think it's just BETTER MUSIC! I mean think about it...what music from the 90's, 2000's, or 2010s is still getting the play that the music from the 60s/70s gets?

Here's more evidence: go to see any live rock band playing at a bar. What music are they playing? Not Motley Crue! Or Lil Wayne! Or Taylor Swift! 😁

• Like 2

For those who claim not to know who Taylor Swift is she recently sold out 7 stadium shows in Australia - instantly. She’s pretty popular across a range of age groups 

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/102539160

I suppose you’ll tell me you don’t know who Adele, Katy Perry or Pink are as well - or maybe Amy Winehouse either 

Fortunately the duos that Crystal started bringing on for the Cove and Palm Court knew a number of modern artists numbers that kept us entertained 

I hope the Hollywood theatre shows get a freshen up and some relatively modern music added to the roster 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lovet2travel said:

No magicians! Hope they'll be back

I had shared summaries for the first three voyages of each vessels showing entertainment and enrichment.  Some of them include magicians. The plan is to have them on each ship and voyage even though some of the listings didn't have them. Suggest looking at the first post on the following thread to get a feel for them.

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1