Do not take the Quantum of the Seas to Alaska

Exactly, and that is what they should have said in the original advertising!!  That is all I am saying, they should have said that because of the size of the ship it would not be going into the glacier.  That is not anything an "armchair captain" would be  lax in complaining about.  When you book a glacier cruise you expect to see the glacier.  Glad you have so much time to complain about other posts that have nothing to do with what I said.

Just now, bradykenadee said:

Exactly, and that is what they should have said in the original advertising!!  That is all I am saying, they should have said that because of the size of the ship it would not be going into the glacier.  That is not anything an "armchair captain" would be  lax in complaining about.  When you book a glacier cruise you expect to see the glacier.  Glad you have so much time to complain about other posts that have nothing to do with what I said.

When I book I do research. That is why I have never booked Royal Caribbean to Alaska and never out of Seattle. You are going to have a limited itinerary. Royal does not do Glacier Bay so that should tell you something. But the idea they didn’t get closer for no reason is preposterous. 

I NEVER said they didn't get closer for no reason.  I said that they should not have listed this cruise as a "glacier" cruise if you were never going to get anywhere close to the glacier.  I did research, and was told we would be going to the glacier.  Not that we would see a spec from so far away that it could have been a snow field.  

well now on RCI website they are calling them either Alaska Adventure or Alaska Experience and leaving out the word Glacier in the title.

My cruise last year did not go into the glacier due to weather.  It happens. And that title had the word Glacier as part of the title of the cruise.  

• Like 1

We were on Radiance the last week in July.  Our ship got very close to the glacier.  The ice had melted even from the previous week.  So I do think it depends too on when you go. 

While I like Ovation, Radiance has more windows and places to take in the beauty of Alaska.  If not in our cabin or balcony I enjoyed sitting in the champagne bar just watching the scenery.  Ovation would be better for families who want a lot to do.  (DH did complain that the windows were hazy from salt but it didn’t bother me.) 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 12:16 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m sorry you learned the hard way. Princess and Holland America provide the best Alaska experiences; they go to Glacier Bay. 

I second this.  Princess does an amazing job with Alaska.  Naturalist onboard the whole time, park rangers brought onboard.  And Glacier Bay is not to be missed.