Ruby Princess Curse continues…..

Guest Bronston

Guest Bronston

Well, the Captain/pilot Captain punched a hole in the ship.

vacation destroyed….

no conversations, no feedback, limited communication. It is princess’s way - or no way!

Took the abbreviated cruise (7)days. Had to cruise due to private air arrangements. 

Then princess delivers letters under the cabin door. 75% off abbreviated cruise (Money back) plus 75% off in Future Cruise Credit. Sounds sweet….

But there is fine print….lawyers no doubt.

must be used by Feb 1, 2025. Great unless this was a vacation with grandkids who only get off for June and July from school! 

so that leaves….June/July 2024 for a FCC.

Except all the quality Suite cabins for 4 are already booked.

Guess what - an FCC ain’t worth bird spit if you can’t find a cabin.

as for Princess customer/guest services….non existent. Can’t get anyone on the phone. Princess should disconnect all of their phones…..they are never used anyway!

I supported Princess after the accident on Two (2) San Francisco TV interviews. Thinking of calling the reporter back and telling the world what a sham Princess really is. Two letters, two bait and switches.

not venting, only asking for fairness. Still wondering, why hasn’t Princess reached out to injured parties?? 

waiting Princess. And no, I have never signed a release on anything. Make me whole!

Disappointed in Princess

Edited by Bronston

I’m confused by this.  It sounds like you took the option of continuing the cruise (with the new itinerary and length) in your original cabin (suite?), received a 75% refund of this cruise AND a FCC worth 75% of what you paid for the original cruise.  Your issue is that you can’t book the same cabin (suite?) on a similar cruise in summer 2024?  

I was on this cruise.  The Captain was very communicative and updated us regularly on what was taking place.  Princess staff was very clear on the two options offered to passengers.  By staying onboard, you accepted their terms and compensation for the option YOU selected.  A number of folks worked with the cruise consultants on the ship and booked while on the cruise.  The FCC was posted to our account on Monday, July 10 (while on the cruise!), refund posted to our credit card that week.  We booked another cruise before getting off the ship—our FCC given to us was enough to cover the cost of the rescheduled cruise plus received OBC.

Princess has not reached out to us nor do I expect them to.  Why would they?  By accepting the refund, FCC and going on the cruise, I feel that compensation from Princess was fair and appropriate to what took place on the Ruby Princess.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Guest Bronston

Read where I say my grandkids are in school. June/July of ‘24 are the only option. 

Or should I just get Princess to write a note to their teachers????

Sorry OP, I think your expectations of Princess are unreasonable and unrealistic. Princess cannot read your mind and know that you can only vacation in June/July 2024.  When you received the options, you could have looked to see what was available before selecting this option.

Book a mini-suite that works, and get on a wait list for a suite (or just waitlist the suite).

• Like 13

Guest Bronston
2 minutes ago, blizzard44ca said:

Sorry OP, I think your expectations of Princess are unreasonable and unrealistic. Princess cannot read your mind and know that you can only vacation in June/July 2024.  When you received the options, you could have looked to see what was available before selecting this option.

Book a mini-suite that works, and get on a wait list for a suite (or just waitlist the suite).

I have sailed with over a dozen cruise lines, mostly luxury for over 40 years. 

it isn’t my expectations but my observation that service and quality have slipped dramatically.

56 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Except all the quality Suite cabins for 4 are already booked.

how is the FCC allocated? - all to you? or allocated between each person that was on the booking?

what's a 'non-quality' suite?

• Like 5

Guest Bronston
1 minute ago, voljeep said:

how is the FCC allocated? - all to you? or allocated between each person that was on the booking?

what's a 'non-quality' suite?

Meaning a 4 person suite.

fcc is based on how Princess wants it

Strictly my opinion...if I were faced with this type of situation I would be very happy that at least *some* portion of the current sailing was salvaged AND especially that I got a big chunk of money back in the way of a refund.  On top of that, the *possibility* of a very reduced future cruise is simply a cherry on top.  If I cannot take advantage of that offered future cruise....well, I didn't pay for it.

Things happen in life and sometimes events swing your way and sometimes they don't.  It's life.  Nobody said life was fair.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bronston said:

If you are a grandparent, you do all you can to make them happy.

simple as that.

agreed - but with limits and understanding - sometimes that's hard, but what we have to do and lead by example...

How did you book this cruise? - self booking, TA, or Princess CVP?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Lol, just me whole.

I paid over five figures for a cruise, Princess held my money for months. I want nothing more than what I paid for. 

do I have logistical differences…yes. Should Princess account for that….yes.

ever been on an overbooked airline? Now we are seeing overbooked cruises.

Find me a like/similar cruise…even 7 days not 10 in June or July….in a suite for 4 and I am happy. 

none available…..nor are there any princess staff to discuss this with.  I am fair but I am reserving judgement on Princess.

There are suites for 4 on June sailings on the Majestic for s 7 days out of Seattle. Just logged into the Princess website

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Guest Bronston
21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agreed - but with limits and understanding - sometimes that's hard, but what we have to do and lead by example...

How did you book this cruise? - self booking, TA, or Princess CVP?

Originally with TA. 

TA quit after 3 months….I found out at month 5 - before the agency knew.

princess said I could not switch TA’s. Another sweet gesture. Said they would take my booking or I could stay with the original TA that didn’t know their employee quit. I want with Princess. 

never did have a dedicated princess CVP. Should have known them and cancelled.

Originally with TA. 

TA quit after 3 months….I found out at month 5 - before the agency knew.

princess said I could not switch TA’s. Another sweet gesture. Said they would take my booking or I could stay with the original TA that didn’t know their employee quit. I want with Princess. 

never did have a dedicated princess CVP. Should have known them and cancelled.

if you had cancelled, and got off the ship - what was that compensation?

• Like 2

Guest Bronston

Preferred itinerary.

in any order, 10 or 7 day. Seattle, Vancouver or anchorage. Suite cabin.

in any order, Sitka, glacier bay, Victoria Canada preferred.

when I see open cabins on Princess website, call….they suddenly are booked

june and July of 24 due to school and fcc restrictions by princess.

38 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Lol, just me whole.

I paid over five figures for a cruise, Princess held my money for months. I want nothing more than what I paid for. 

do I have logistical differences…yes. Should Princess account for that….yes.

ever been on an overbooked airline? Now we are seeing overbooked cruises.

Find me a like/similar cruise…even 7 days not 10 in June or July….in a suite for 4 and I am happy. 

none available…..nor are there any princess staff to discuss this with.  I am fair but I am reserving judgement on Princess.

I just found exactly (not exactly as I have now read more. But close… maybe close enough?) what you asked for. 

here are the screen shots. This also happens to be my favorite vista suite. My apologies for posting this before reading the entire thread. Just trying to be helpful. But this does not have GB. These suites sometimes come and go quickly you can book online no need to call. 

IMG_1093.png

IMG_1092.png

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2

Preferred itinerary.

in any order, 10 or 7 day. Seattle, Vancouver or anchorage. Suite cabin.

in any order, Sitka, glacier bay, Victoria Canada preferred.

when I see open cabins on Princess website, call….they suddenly are booked

june and July of 24 due to school and fcc restrictions by princess.

did you check out post #16 above? - 4 person suite out of Seattle in June

• Like 1

Guest Bronston
1 minute ago, voljeep said:

if you had cancelled, and got off the ship - what was that compensation?

100 % of cruise fare and 50% FCC.

where I would lose out is I paid over $3000 airfare. Simply would be lost money for no purpose. Air trip as over 4 hours one way. Tough on grandkids and to turn around and fly back cross country would be dumb.

Guest Bronston
6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just found exactly (not exactly as I have now read more. But close… maybe close enough?) what you asked for. 

here are the screen shots. This also happens to be my favorite vista suite. My apologies for posting this before reading the entire thread. Just trying to be helpful. But this does not have GB. These suites sometimes come and go quickly you can book online no need to call. 

IMG_1093.png

IMG_1092.png

If you only worked for Princess. 

why can’t Princess assist me. That is also part of the issue.

I wish I could give you my princess planners info here ☹️. Next time you board a princess ship join the roll call and make an announcement at the meet and greet that you’d appreciate referrals for CVP and TA’s. I personally prefer my CVP but others feel strongly about their TA’s. 

And lol I’ve often said Princess should pay me. 

book that suite now bc it can be gone in an instant 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Book a 2-3 day courtesy hold NOW - no payment required.  Get a Princess CVP to complete the transaction tomorrow

Yes that 

ooohh and look at this sailing now that I see Vancouver and anchorage are on the table. 3rd and 4th sail FREE and in a full suite. That’s an awesome promotion. 

you can place as many no cost holds as you want while you consider your options. 

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bronston said:

If you only worked for Princess. 

why can’t Princess assist me. That is also part of the issue.

Put one of the suites on hold tomorrow and call the CVP department or main booking number to complete. Anything else you would like us to do for you

• Like 1