Luminosa beds

Hi guys, I have seen reports of the beds being very hard on the Carnival Luminosa. I am interested to know from you guys that have cruised on the Luminosa if it is possible to get a mattress topper. Seen a few reviews that state that you can and others have said the the cabin stewards have told them they do not supply them. I I would like to know first hand as a hard bed for a back problem is a no no. 

Cheers John.

I did three Luminosa cruises earlier this year, two in a suite and one in a balcony cabin. In the suite I was sleeping on the sofa, which was hard as a rock but was able to get a "mattress topper" of sorts for it. It was more of a doona folder in half than a proper mattress topper, so maybe that's the best they can offer. I found the beds in the balcony cabin to be extremely comfortable, but I prefer a firm-ish mattress. There were 7 of us across 3 cabins and I didn't hear any complaints, but no existing back issues among us either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I did three Luminosa cruises earlier this year, two in a suite and one in a balcony cabin. In the suite I was sleeping on the sofa, which was hard as a rock but was able to get a "mattress topper" of sorts for it. It was more of a doona folder in half than a proper mattress topper, so maybe that's the best they can offer. I found the beds in the balcony cabin to be extremely comfortable, but I prefer a firm-ish mattress. There were 7 of us across 3 cabins and I didn't hear any complaints, but no existing back issues among us either.

Thanks libby. Very helpful to know. Sounds like I may end up taking an inflatable topper that rolls up small.

• Like 1

Hopefully Luminous and balcony are good - I had an inside on Splendor the other week and it was the lumpiest and most uncomfortable bed I have ever had - even a 2 star motel was better. Usually beds on ships are great (though the doonas can make them a bit hot, so always ask for a top sheet).

• Like 1

I expected Goldilocks to make an appearance by now.

Toppers are good if you can get them, but mostly to help the two mattresses join as one without a drastic hollow in the middle. I usually need a trip to the chiro after any holiday, but as much as I like the comfort of my own bed, I will take whatever they dish up - whether it be too hard, lumpy, or having my feet hang out of the rounded-off bottom corner on Royal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Hopefully Luminous and balcony are good - I had an inside on Splendor the other week and it was the lumpiest and most uncomfortable bed I have ever had - even a 2 star motel was better. Usually beds on ships are great (though the doonas can make them a bit hot, so always ask for a top sheet).

I just hate autocorrect with a passion - Luminosa and not Luminous!!!!

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Guys. I appreciate all the feedback. Must admit I am a bit concerned that they may be too hard with my back problems. As I have a good self inflating camping mattress as mentioned in my post # 3   that is not bulky I might take that. 🙂

• Like 1