The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 24th, 2023

richwmn

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

My favorite drive thru is Burger King, I love having tomato lettuce onion, mayo ketchup, heck they can leave the burger off.  I think DH's is Chic Fil A.  He loves their frosted coffees.  

I have a question, I think I made a major mistake.  I ordered the Roma cab to pick us up in Rome at 8 a.m.  to take us to the port.  But our ship does not leave until 7, I was thinking we would get there around 10/10:30, no tour included.  Will I be sitting on my butt for hours on end looking at a ship?  It's not Holland, but did I give myself too much time? I wont know boarding time starts until  early October.

And when you do a back to back do you ever just stay on and chill, or do you go explore I dont see excursions for the town.Only going back to Rome.

@rafinmdI think you have a most excellent idea, and wish you luck with it.

DH wont do VA.  Penny has found Vet Buds and she wants to take him to a meeting, find out how he can get better benefits.

Annie,

You do NOT need to leave Rome at 8 am to go to Civitavecchia.  The ride takes 1 1/2 hours at most and you can never board before 11 am at the very earliest.  Most times it is later.  Most times your room is not ready and you have to wait anyway.  I would change that to 10 am and then when you get to the port you will be able to board.  That is what we are doing.

As for back to back with turnaround in Rome, you most definitely can leave the ship and do a tour.  You can explore Civitavecchia or you can take the train to Rome or you can order RomeCabs for one of their tours.

If you need more help, email me 

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just posted this on the Crystal forum.  I hope I'm not losing my mind.

Delighted for you Roy @rafinmd.

Paulines late mam had several cruises sharing our mini/suites in her 80s and her last was aged 90 on P&O Ventura.

She had a number of health issues but this did not stop her cruising.

Cruise for as long as you can Roy.

Good wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

On my few B2Bs I stayed on the ship except once. You still have to report and exit the ship so they can do a zero count, sometimes it’s fast, sometimes it’s slow. The one time I didn’t stay onboard I went out and explored and when I came back to the ship it was easy to reboard, passing all the new embarking passengers. 

Sharon and Annie, @marshhawk  it is mainly in the US that you have to go through immigration and have a zero count.  This varies from country to country,  but I do not remember going through immigration in Cicvitecchia.  We always got a letter a few days before the turnaround day outlining the procedure and it included an in transit card which lets you skip most of the lines except security.

I read last week that the EU will soon require a visa for most countries to enter the EU.  You will be able to get the visa electronically online.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I read last week that the EU will soon require a visa for most countries to enter the EU.  You will be able to get the visa electronically online.

Here is a basic article about this topic: Not a Visa—But U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register and Pay a Fee to Travel to Europe in 2024

• Like 2