Summer 3 night 2024 - Allure w/o Amp or Freedom with? Family reunion cruise with lots of young kids

Has Allure had enough interior refresh updates such that it won't feel old and in need of the coming drydock?  Mainly missing the Amp'd?

What of the Amp'd stuff might we most miss if go on Allure?  Or maybe should appreciate a non Amp'd ship for particular reasons?

I've sailed both classes and like the Oasis class but wondering about families with young kids having enough room at pool areas in the summer.  Freedom this summer we were able to find shady spots and chairs together etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Since you've sailed both classes and you know your kids, I think you're most equipped to answer this yourself. Watch a video or just check the deck plan to see what Allure is missing and determine if it's stuff your kids will miss. My general answer would be that kids will enjoy both classes but I would personally always go with Oasis class, amp'd or not.

My young nieces (8 & 12 at the time) had a great time on Allure last year and, having never been on anything but Oasis class, called Indy "the tiny ship" when my wife and I were on her last summer, lol.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Has Allure had enough interior refresh updates such that it won't feel old and in need of the coming drydock?  Mainly missing the Amp'd?

What of the Amp'd stuff might we most miss if go on Allure?  Or maybe should appreciate a non Amp'd ship for particular reasons?

I've sailed both classes and like the Oasis class but wondering about families with young kids having enough room at pool areas in the summer.  Freedom this summer we were able to find shady spots and chairs together etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

One thing you shouldn't miss that the amped of ships have is that silly slide at the back of the ship the ruins the view from the Boardwalk Balconies on the aft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Since you've sailed both classes and you know your kids, I think you're most equipped to answer this yourself. Watch a video or just check the deck plan to see what Allure is missing and determine if it's stuff your kids will miss. My general answer would be that kids will enjoy both classes but I would personally always go with Oasis class, amp'd or not.

My young nieces (8 & 12 at the time) had a great time on Allure last year and, having never been on anything but Oasis class, called Indy "the tiny ship" when my wife and I were on her last summer, lol.

Thanks.  I'm a bit overwhelmed by the Allure pricing on 3 night.  Cheapest OV balcony is 2,411 double occupancy.  I'm pretty sure I've sailed Oasis class for 7 nights for less than that. Wow'd is right.  My kids are grown now so I was just thinking generally; lots of kids under 10 in extended family.

Family availability dates will probably determine which ship go on. Allure takes over the Freedom routes mid summer.  

3 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the Allure pricing on 3 night.  Cheapest OV balcony is 2,411 double occupancy.

Prices in general are nuts now and weekends are, unfortunately, always inflated. GL with your decision.

4 day on Freedom (or alternate Freedom class) is significantly cheaper than 3 day Allure cruises; same itinerary with a sea day thrown in.  You can't see and do everything on Allure in 3 days; to young kids I bet they notice no real differences in terms of accessible amenities for them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

4 day on Freedom (or alternate Freedom class) is significantly cheaper than 3 day Allure cruises; same itinerary with a sea day thrown in.  You can't see and do everything on Allure in 3 days; to young kids I bet they notice no real differences in terms of accessible amenities for them. 

Yes, that seems like the best bet but the parents don't want to take a lot of time off so weekends will work better.

3 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Yes, that seems like the best bet but the parents don't want to take a lot of time off so weekends will work better.

Which is what drives up the weekend prices. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Personally I would pick Allure over Freedom. I have cruised on Freedom multiple times and always had a great time. But Oasis class ships are in a league by themselves in my opinion. I live in Florida and frequently do 3/4 day cruises since I can easily drive to any port in the state. I plan to take full advantage of Allure and Utopia offering 3/4 day cruises over the next few years (or however long these ships do short cruises).