Carnival loyalty points on Princess

carguy

2 hours ago, carguy said:

We are going on Princess later this year. Does their Captains Circle program recognize Carnivals loyalty points ?

Nope, but Princess does count sea days OR number of cruises. 15 cruises of any length on Princess will put at their highest level. If cruising solo, you get double credit. Full suites get more. Their loyalty program should really be the model for all Carnival brands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

. Their loyalty program should really be the model for all Carnival brands.

Carnival is already complaining about the number of Platinum cruisers at 75 days.  On Princess, you earn that at 5 cruises.  If it was that easy to obtain it on Carnival, the number of Platinum cruisers would be substantially higher.

18 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No they don’t.  Wish they did.

I am glad they don't.  Even without cross recognition the lifetime nature of these programs mean far far too many at top tiers reducing the value of the benefits. For example, If half of the ship has priority tender embarkation not much benefit to it.

I would prefer if the cruise lines were to replace their lifetime system with a point based system like hotels or airlines, with maybe a reduced set of benefits for lifetime.  Or status based upon last X number of  years activity combined with a points system again like the airlines and hotel systems.

The systems as they exist today are getting so overloaded at the top ranks.

8 minutes ago, cdrmer said:

Too bad Carnival Corp does not offer matching benefits. Just read that Holland America is now offering on board credit to AARP members.

I had not heard that so looked it up. It isn't related to their loyalty program though.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2023-press-releases/news-07242023-AARP-onboard-credit.html

Every little bit helps.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

The systems as they exist today are getting so overloaded at the top ranks.

No loyalty program (really a marketing program) is sustainable without change. Princess is the closest I have found.