Cooking classes

Hambagahle

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Are there any classes ever added after embarkation? And there is only 1 class offered per sea day? 

Sea day usually have 2 IME

You can always sign up  in case someone cancels

we got  a class later in the cruise  that was fully booked  some people cancelled  I guess 🤔

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

So far we only have 4-6 time slots.  I really do hope they add midday on a sea day. 

Highly unlikely that they add during midday when ship is busiest.   Get on waitlist people due cancel, oversleep,. 

47 minutes ago, sarahjaneb said:

Are classes not available on all ships? We are on the Sirena and there have never been cooking classes listed on the Other Options tab since we booked 6 months ago.

Nope.  The R-Class (Sirena) ships don't have the classroom kitchens.

7 hours ago, slw207693 said:

The reason the classes fill up so quickly is they only have 1 person at each cooking station instead of two.   So only 12 spots for each class.   

I might be wrong but I think the Culinary Centre on Vista is larger than on the other two ships and has more stations...Plus now that Covid is over they may well have gone back to 2 per station on Riviera and Marina.

I did one of culinary classes on Riviera just a few weeks ago: 1 person per station. However, the chef made a note of saying that if somebody wanted in a class that was closed, they should just show up at the designated time in case of no shows. At that point, there's not enough time to call people on the waitlist and be able to keep to their schedule. Our class had 2 vacancies. Also, I noticed that more classes were added after the date that I originally signed up online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We did the cooking class on our two previous Oceania cruises.  We had two people at each station.

From looking at your list of past cruises it appears those were pre-covid. See Britfan's response for current operation. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

From looking at your list of past cruises it appears those were pre-covid. See Britfan's response for current operation. 

Not doubting you.  But Oceania needs to change the graphics on their website for the culinary classes.  They all show two guests at the cook stations.

Either way, it was a very enjoyable class.  Even my husband loved it.

• Like 1