Where are all of these ships Jan. 2024 and 2025?

I paid more than I can do again for Jan. 2024, and was looking into less expensive options. I pulled up all cruises for Jan. 2024 and 2025, no other filters. Where are all the greyed out ships? I am not looking for a one by one answer. It just seems as if our regulars - Allure, Independence, Explorer,  Liberty, Mariner, and Voyager are gone. I did not limit to US, and Australian cruises did come up.

image.thumb.png.3e447e79afda02533b63c99a2ab973df.png

I found my answer, but could not figure out how to delete. They are doing 9 and above nights. I had 6-8 filtered. Now there are a lot less of our basic 7 night Jan. Caribbean, which partly explains the high prices. We avoid Jamaica and Haiti in the same cruise, which further diminishes our choices. 

Edited by budmeister

8 minutes ago, budmeister said:

there are a lot less of our basic 7 night Jan. Caribbean, which partly explains the high prices

Lol there is no other explanation for the high prices, other than they can sell at the higher prices so they will keep raising prices   ... because they can. As long as people will pay more and more, prices will keep going up, until people say whoa! That's too much and bookings slow.

I look at what I booked, even what I booked recently and everything is still going up. Lol those saying inflation is under control dont mean cruisefare.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol there is no other explanation for the high prices, other than they can sell at the higher prices so they will keep raising prices   ... because they can. As long as people will pay more and more, prices will keep going up, until people say whoa! That's too much and bookings slow.

I look at what I booked, even what I booked recently and everything is still going up. Lol those saying inflation is under control dont mean cruisefare.

You are right. Sadly, I think I am one of those people that will say "too much". I expected the cruise I have booked for Jan.2024 to go down. I booked it last year. Instead, it has gone up and rooms have sold out. I wont cancel, but I will not book again at these prices. Unless I can convince myself that indoor room will ok, as it was for the first 10-12 years of my 23 year cruising history...

3 minutes ago, budmeister said:

I wont cancel, but I will not book again at these prices. Unless I can convince myself that indoor room will ok, as it was for the first 10-12 years of my 23 year cruising history...

We went in reverse... started with balconies for our first few cruises then got my wife to try an interior and thankfully she liked it. Come back to the caves! They're cozy and wonderfully dark and cold when you want to sleep.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budmeister said:

You are right. Sadly, I think I am one of those people that will say "too much". I expected the cruise I have booked for Jan.2024 to go down. I booked it last year. Instead, it has gone up and rooms have sold out. I wont cancel, but I will not book again at these prices. Unless I can convince myself that indoor room will ok, as it was for the first 10-12 years of my 23 year cruising history...

I think it was my dec 10 harmony that inside balcony was $16 less than a inside. Though supposedly I'd get a extra $50 obc on the inside that costs more. That obc wasnt combinable with my balcony discount on the group rate.

So keep checking. Oasis class has so many more balconies, they can be less. ... more so than on older ships with fewer balconies. I'm not real picky, though I prefer to see out to something. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think it was my dec 10 harmony that inside balcony was $16 less than a inside.

You find some interesting deals. Maybe it's the solo thing or sailing during less busy times of year or it not being Wonder... or your TA likes you better than mine. 🤣

J/K on that last part obviously. I had him price a neighborhood balcony for one cruise for which we already had an interior on hold at what we considered a good price. It wasn't that much more plus it came with a specialty dinner for 2. It was a better deal on paper... but we really don't use our balcony (even when it's OV) so even paying a small amount more really wasn't worth it to us. If the prices were the same we probably would have taken it.

Edited by OCSC Mike

On the day that the June 2024 - April 2025 itineraries first came out, we were fortunate enough to be on board Jewel of the Seas. Every cruise that we booked while on board that day has gone up significantly in price, with some of the booked cruises more than tripling. i.e. we have an 8 night Southern Caribbean booked on Adventure in a GS for 7/5/24 that was $3584 for the two of us (including insurance). Today that same cabin would cost us $11,431 (w/o insurance)😱

I'm not sure that we would be doing most of those cruises if we were looking at booking them today.

Edited by orville99