Why can’t I find a WS on Caribbean Princess?

Ellipooh

Looking to book my favorite Window Suite on Caribbean Princess after she relocates to Orlando/Port Canaveral in 2024..  I’ve tried every itinerary in as many dates and configurations as I can imagine, but when I click Suite, the option for WS never shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Ellipooh

19 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Looking to book my favorite Window Suite on Caribbean Princess after she relocates to Orlando/Port Canaveral in 2024..  I’ve tried every itinerary in as many dates and configurations as I can imagine, but when I click Suite, the option for WS never shows up. What am I doing wrong?

WS are listed under minisuites.

22 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Did you look under MS?  They were doing that back months ago.  Even though they are full suite amenities.

As mentioned, they are listed under mini suites but you will not be able to select and book one. You or your TA will need to contact Princess directly. Another post explained that too many people have booked these and did not understand what they were getting, leading to many cancellations and hard feelings. 

Thank you, I was able to find a few WS available for direct booking online by checking under Mini-Suites. But it does appear that all of the usual Full Suite benefits are no longer attached to the WS. If that’s true, then my long love affair with these cabins may finally be at an end. 

35 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Thank you, I was able to find a few WS available for direct booking online by checking under Mini-Suites. But it does appear that all of the usual Full Suite benefits are no longer attached to the WS. If that’s true, then my long love affair with these cabins may finally be at an end. 

So there may be a method to PCL "madness" by placing them there.  No longer going to be treated along with the other Suites.  Worth knowing more about this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So there may be a method to PCL "madness" by placing them there.  No longer going to be treated along with the other Suites.  Worth knowing more about this.

I sure hope this is not correct.  I have several more voyages booked in a WS.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Princess pulls a stunt like this.  

13 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I sure hope this is not correct.  I have several more voyages booked in a WS.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Princess pulls a stunt like this.  

I did say maybe and we know they wouldn't have a press conference to trumpet the news.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I did say maybe and we know they wouldn't have a press conference to trumpet the news.

Suggest you shop your voyages.  I just looked at Grand in 2025 thinking I would easily find available WS - and I did.  The list of inclusions when I pulled up a cabin on a particular voyage was not nearly as complete as when I backed out and selected a Vista Suite.  Several things missing.  I don't shop Suites so IDK if this is a seed-change or not.  It looks like either they don't get as much now (including mini-bar as one example), or never did have everything the same as a Suite.  That said, anytime I have read about one from a member post here, it sure seemed like a WS had everything the same, except no balcony.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

May I ask how/where you determined this?  The benefit of a suite page/link still identifies everything we are used to, and even have an asterisk that identifies Window suites (a category of suites without balcony).  

4 day Sept 25, 2024 on Grand princess. This is what I saw when I chose my stateroom category. Same as always. 

Window Suite

- Upgrade from $14 per day

Premium accommodations and luxurious appointments are the signature of our Window Suite, along with special Suite-only benefits. This Suite features a large picture window instead of a balcony and includes a separate seating area with a sofa bed and bathroom with bathtub, separate shower and deluxe amenities.

But then when you book the room the room amenities are almost exactly those of a regular mini suite except it includes complementary 24 gr room service. No specialty dining, no lotus spa, no sabatini breakfast, no CC dining, no laundry, no shoe shining, no priority GS line, no priority tendering, nothing….It references Star and Sun ships so this is definitely new. Looks like change is in the air. The days of getting full suite benefits for basically mini suite prices may be coming to an end. Glad I got to ride that train. 

Window Suite Amenities

• Approx. 304 to 329 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Balcony with 2-4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • Bathroom tub and massage shower head with amenitiesfootnote 6
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed & coffee table
  • Luxury mattress topper and pillows
  • Two flat-panel TVs
  • Comfortable queen or two twin bedsfootnote 4
  • Refrigerator
  • Flat-panel television
  • Private bathroom with shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • Complimentary 24-hour room servicefootnote 5
  • Spacious closet
  • Desk with chair
  • Hair dryer & bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe
footnote43rd/4th berths available in select cabins
footnote5Charges apply for balcony dinner, pizza delivery and beverages. Subject to change
footnote6Shower only on Star & Sun Princess. Subject to change
Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very interesting.  Princess is, again, mixing and matching a hodge podge.

Window suites on the Caribbean and the Grand were always very different than the Royal Class window Suites and now even more changes for the Sun Class ship.  It will be very interesting to see how they will justify one Window Suite from another.  Will the Grandfather in bookings?   The Grand and the Caribbean have been the best kept secret for so many years. Not so, any more. 

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very interesting.  Princess is, again, mixing and matching a hodge podge.

Window suites on the Caribbean and the Grand were always very different than the Royal Class window Suites and now even more changes for the Sun Class ship.  It will be very interesting to see how they will justify one Window Suite from another.  Will the Grandfather in bookings?   The Grand and the Caribbean have been the best kept secret for so many years. Not so, any more. 

I can’t help but wonder where this is going. I hate when the information from one page to another doesn’t match. I think Princess does not care about grandfathering in bookings. Look at the debacle with those who paid for cruises thinking it included Alfredo’s, ocean now and room service. The WS are still really nice cabins though.  I loved the big big big windows and all the counter top space and the huge living area. 

• Like 2

I'm going to follow this with interest, because we have (for the first time) a window suite on Caribbean Princess for 28 days in May 24.  When we booked, we were definitely entitled to the full suite benefits.  And, interestingly, I've just checked our invoice which says specifically that our Plus package includes crew appreciation at the suite per diem.  It seems to me that if these cabins continue to be charged crew appreciation at the suite rate, they should continue to come with suite benefits.

But, I appreciate that it's dangerous to make assumptions these days!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

I'm going to follow this with interest, because we have (for the first time) a window suite on Caribbean Princess for 28 days in May 24.  When we booked, we were definitely entitled to the full suite benefits.  And, interestingly, I've just checked our invoice which says specifically that our Plus package includes crew appreciation at the suite per diem.  It seems to me that if these cabins continue to be charged crew appreciation at the suite rate, they should continue to come with suite benefits.

But, I appreciate that it's dangerous to make assumptions these days!

The ones I saw on deck plans were identified as S7 cabins which should indicate full suite benefits 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

The ones I saw on deck plans were identified as S7 cabins which should indicate full suite benefits 

Thanks.  Yes, that's exactly what we booked it as and it's what it says on our cruise personalizer (where the cabin type is also recorded as 'suite').  I checked today and it hasn't changed.  But, I thought from posts 6 and 13 above that there is a sense that the categorisation of these cabins might be changing.  If that is the case, I wonder if it will only be for future bookings or if it will apply retrospectively to those who are already booked like me (and AnyMajorCruiseDude x 9 by the looks of it!).