Odyssey or Wonder - Thanksgiving Trip

Hi Everyone,

My DH and I are trying to decide between a cruise on the Wonder of the seas to ports we’ve been to already or a cruise on Odyssey with new ports being Aruba, Curaçao . We haven’t been on either of the ships yet. Of those two ships what’s your personal preference and why? Please help us decide 😊 We’ll be travelling alone- just us. 

Thank you!

Having been on both and having done the 8 night Southern 0n the Odyssey.  I would do that one again.

If just the 2 of yo, there's plenty to do.  While missing things like the aqua show and ice show and Broadway type productions, you won't get bored.

That said, we had a fabulous Eastern cruise on the Wonder in April.  Ship was packed for spring breakers, but that didn't bother DW and me.

• Like 1

How do the prices compare? Same number of days? 

I picked adventure for new ports. I woukdnt have seen bonaire so april 2025 south does all 3 ABC. Prices just go up and up. I've only been booked a month or two and all I see are higher prices. 

I'd go with the better deal. I have wonder booked but john and bella et al picked it not me. I picked a eastern adventure, a xmas so ports dont count and a southern. Not for the ship. New ports. Sometimes ports away me. For instance you mention one with 2 new ports to you but the other ship is newer. I'd weigh but probably choose new ports depending on price. I look at the whole thing. 

• Like 1

For the ports I would pick Odyssey. For the ship, I would pick Wonder. I did a 6 day cruise on Odyssey followed by a 7 day cruise the next day on Wonder earlier this year. While I like Odyssey and have sailed on her several times, she doesn’t compare to everything Wonder (and Oasis class ships in general) has to offer. 

I believe you can have a pleasant experience on both ships, but I was so impressed with Odyssey. I thought the shows were amazing (admit we might not have the same taste). The ship was immaculate. There was lots to do. Well, Wonder has a lot to do too, but Odyssey has the better itinerary of the two ships. Both are amazing ships, but for me Odyssey with that great itinerary would be my choice. I'd choose to go on Odyssey again in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies. We booked Southern Caribbean with new- to- us ports on the Odyssey.  Only thing is it's a Balcony Guarantee- WE CHOOSE YOUR ROOM. We've always chosen our room before. Fingers crossed it's not overly obstructed! haha! Thanks

I'm on a quantum class ship right now and I was expecting not to like it, but it's actually a really nice ship with lots of places to explore. 

The only 2 things I've made note of so far that aren't the best, is that it's primarily an indoor ship. I don't like air conditioning and when I'm sailing to the beach, I want to be outside in the sunshine and feeling the warmth. On this ship I feel cold most of the day, but I may be an outlier with that "complaint."

The other thing I was surprised about was how obstructed my balcony view is on the 8th floor. I knew to avoid balconies on the 6th floor because of the life boats, but didn't realize that they also semi-obstruct the view from balconies above. If I'm sitting in the chair on my balcony and take a photo, there's a big yellow lifeboat in the photo. I imagine they can be seen all the way up to the 10th floor at least. They seem to be only located in the center of the ship though, so forward and aft balconies seem safer. 

22DA9E9B-177E-4FD6-98B5-FEAA8C587186.thumb.png.b6e345327e1400c5048970f1ea606cc8.png1F782A02-8C41-4D64-8779-D5ABE443A7CD.thumb.png.2a32b0f39d6990bda704df2e9f795e03.png

Edited by ARandomTraveler

My husband's biggest gripe with Odyssey was that after nine PM, no ice cream is available either for sale or for free anywhere on the ship. I can't remember if Oasis class ships share that disadvantage, but as I recall there was an ice cream shop in the main promenade of any Oasis class ship we have sailed, all except Wonder.

We were on Odyssey last Thanksgiving. Same itinerary. Loved the ship! Playmaker's and Sports Plex was amazing. World Cup was on during cruise....and the numerous screens in these venues mad it a blast. Solarium is also fantastic. You'll love the ship!

• Like 2