Prima HAVEN Class

BubbaBoat

My wife and I are getting ready to book our journey on the Prima October 1st sailing.  We really are hoping to unwind and have a Haven where we can escape the screaming crumb snatchers.  For those of you that have indulged in Prima Class sailing before, have you been available to avoid children in the Haven spaces on board?  Nothing against kids at all, but I'd rather avoid them if at all possible.

The only area in the Haven child free is the sundeck above the swimming pool area/deck.  The sundeck is reserved for 16+.  As NCL places their 2-bedroom suites in the Haven you should expect children throughout the Haven.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Girr said:

Oops, meant to add what you have going in your favor though is sailing in October is most children will be in school!

With more and more kids being homeschooled, you could have kids anytime of the year.  There are parents that don't mind taking thier kids out of school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubbaBoat said:

My wife and I are getting ready to book our journey on the Prima October 1st sailing.  We really are hoping to unwind and have a Haven where we can escape the screaming crumb snatchers.  For those of you that have indulged in Prima Class sailing before, have you been available to avoid children in the Haven spaces on board?  Nothing against kids at all, but I'd rather avoid them if at all possible.

NCL is a family oriented cruise line (as most are to stay in business). The Haven is no exception. There are adult only sundeck space, but the lounge and the restaurants welcome kids with open arms. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, www3traveler said:

With more and more kids being homeschooled, you could have kids anytime of the year.  There are parents that don't mind taking thier kids out of school.

But we all know homeschooled are much better behaved.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, BubbaBoat said:

😆 good thing you’re not in the 13th sailing with us as we’ll be in the Haven with our baby. Although most of the time she’s so chill you wouldn’t know she’s there. We’ve noticed there tend to be kids in the Haven, probably depends on our sailing and the length. 

There will always be kids…it’s just a question of how many and what ages.  We cruised Prima early May outside Haven and there were quite a few toddler, pre-school aged children.  The parents seemed to think it was quite alright to allow their little ones, many in diapers, to play in the shallow dipping pools on deck 8.  For us it wasn’t warm enough to want to swim…but if it was we would have been disappointed with the kid-takeover.  

• Like 1

It's not the littleist ones...it's the one's that love to run all around.  It seems to happen a lot on cruises in the Med...I'm hoping school, the ship, and the itinerary keep them at bay.  Nothing against them...I have 2 myself and 5 grand children.  Hopefully those that do sprout up will hang around the Go Kart, main pool, and the little splash area.  

12 minutes ago, BubbaBoat said:

It's not the littleist ones...it's the one's that love to run all around.  It seems to happen a lot on cruises in the Med...I'm hoping school, the ship, and the itinerary keep them at bay.  Nothing against them...I have 2 myself and 5 grand children.  Hopefully those that do sprout up will hang around the Go Kart, main pool, and the little splash area.  

They are going to want to be in the fancy Haven infinity pool. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Like me! Cheaper to take the 3 with us, and less hectic because most other kids are in school. We always sign them up for Independent Study through the school for the week (Always, as in the second time in two years..) I may sound hypocritical about liking to sail when kids are at school with my kids, however I find I am able to control my kids, but other peoples? Not so much.

19 minutes ago, Grimix said:

Like me! Cheaper to take the 3 with us, and less hectic because most other kids are in school. We always sign them up for Independent Study through the school for the week (Always, as in the second time in two years..) I may sound hypocritical about liking to sail when kids are at school with my kids, however I find I am able to control my kids, but other peoples? Not so much.

and that seems to happen on European cruises...parents tend to let the boat do the babysitting and kids are running rampant everywhere

• Like 1