Cruise Card Wallet

Murray's Pop

Just curious, it's been a few years since we cruised on HAL.  We have just booked a cruise for next May on the Eurodam to Alaska.  We have always booked a Neptune Suite and have done so again.  In the past we always received a wallet card holder for our cruise cards.  Do they still provide these?  Also, are there any major changes on what is provided to Suite guests?  Thanks!

It’s been a very long time since a cruise card wallet has appeared.  If you look on the Holland America website you will be able to see a chart of the current benefits for Neptune Suite guests on the Eurodam.  

You will receive Club Orange benefits, like priority seating in the dining room and a separate CO bag.  

41 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Just curious, it's been a few years since we cruised on HAL.  We have just booked a cruise for next May on the Eurodam to Alaska.  We have always booked a Neptune Suite and have done so again.  In the past we always received a wallet card holder for our cruise cards.  Do they still provide these?  Also, are there any major changes on what is provided to Suite guests?  Thanks!

Never have seen one and have stayed many times in a Neptune Suite. Have received a nice key faux leather card holder on other lines. Neptune Suite’s have pretty much stayed the same with the exception they now have a small coffee machine in each cabin and access to Club Orange.

Edited by aliaschief

45 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

that wallet has been gone for some time along with the deck plan fold out.

A couple changes I can think of are the eliminations of the suite luncheon on the longer cruises/turn around days and the Neptune Suite reception on the first night still exists but no officers come, usually.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Never have seen one and have stayed many times in a Neptune Suite. Have received a nice key faux leather card holder on other lines. Neptune Suite’s have pretty much stayed the same with the exception they now have a small coffee machine in each cabin and access to Club Orange.

Interesting.  We have many cruises in a Neptune Suite over the years and each time received the faux leather card holder.  No problem, already have several, will just bring with us.

I still have and use the blue faux leather holders for all your travel docs that Holland America Line would send you along with your paper tickets and baggage tags included but that was many, many years ago.....When we travelled with lots of paper. 

That's long gone if that is what you are referencing......

Welcome back onboard......

Edited by FlaMariner

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

that wallet has been gone for some time along with the deck plan fold out.

A couple changes I can think of are the eliminations of the suite luncheon on the longer cruises/turn around days and the Neptune Suite reception on the first night still exists but no officers come, usually.

Thanks.  Our last HAL cruise was about 6 months prior to the Covid garbage and the Suite reception in the Neptune Lounge did not have officers present either.

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I still have and use the blue faux leather holders for all your travel docs that Holland America Line would send you along with your paper tickets and baggage tags included but that was many, many years ago.....When we travelled with lots of paper. 

That's long gone if that is what you are referencing......

Welcome back onboard......

Not what I meant but yes, I still have several of those that I use for every vacation as a handy document holder.

15 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Thanks.  Our last HAL cruise was about 6 months prior to the Covid garbage and the Suite reception in the Neptune Lounge did not have officers present either.

I was spoiled then.  I was on the Prinsendam in mid 2019 and the Captain hosted a suite reception as always in his day room with officers.  They knew how to do it on that ship 😊 

22 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Interesting.  We have many cruises in a Neptune Suite over the years and each time received the faux leather card holder.  No problem, already have several, will just bring with us.

Are you maybe confusing this with Celebrity?  This is common with suites on Celebrity.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1

Just checked my supply.  Have a total of 7 of these.  4 from HAL, 2 from Princess and 1 from Celebrity.  The most recent I got was from Princess on our 2019 Alaska cruise on the Grand. The last from HAL was in 2011 on the Eurodam to the Caribbean.

Edited by Murray's Pop
Typo