🌳Drugs (WEED) in the Yacht Club Seaside 💨

PompeySailor

On 8/31/2023 at 2:07 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Considering how the AC system works, it very well could be a crew member. 

The air is not being sucked from room to room, but forced out after passing thru a set of cooling coils.

I wouldn’t think a crew member would be dumb enough to do something like that. First they would lose their job and secondly, they could go to jail depending on where they’re from. I read some of the links and was surprised that there was drug smuggling on ships by crew members. I can see that since there is a chance of making some big bucks for them, but not for smoking weed. Then again, you never know. Some people have no brains thinking they won’t get caught.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wouldn’t think a crew member would be dumb enough to do something like that. First they would lose their job and secondly, they could go to jail depending on where they’re from. I read some of the links and was surprised that there was drug smuggling on ships by crew members. I can see that since there is a chance of making some big bucks for them, but not for smoking weed. Then again, you never know. Some people have no brains thinking they won’t get caught.

Addicts rarely display good sense when it comes to their addiction.

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

I’ve heard it called a gateway drug. 

Could this be true?

If you were a fan of "Reefer Madness" (either from the 1936 film version or the 2005 updated "Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical"), then you were led to believe that marijuana was not a gateway drug.  It was the ultimate killer drug!

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wouldn’t think a crew member would be dumb enough to do something like that. First they would lose their job and secondly, they could go to jail depending on where they’re from. 

Believe me crew members are humans and make dumb mistakes.  Many a crew member have done things on ships that are against the rules, for example hooking up with guests.  So it wouldn't surprise me to hear it was a crew member. 

• Like 1

In an age where a multitude of THC edibles, tinctures, pills, sublinguals and vaporizers are available (where it's legal, of course) anyone smoking an actual joint on a ship is just plain stupid. THC extract, when vaped, does not smell like WEED (I feel obligated to capitalize it now). Edibles have no pot smell at all and can be consumed without offending other passengers. There is simply no need to smoke actual flower on a ship.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 9:05 AM, koolZip said:

In an age where a multitude of THC edibles, tinctures, pills, sublinguals and vaporizers are available (where it's legal, of course) anyone smoking an actual joint on a ship is just plain stupid. THC extract, when vaped, does not smell like WEED (I feel obligated to capitalize it now). Edibles have no pot smell at all and can be consumed without offending other passengers. There is simply no need to smoke actual flower on a ship.

This right here. I use THC tinctures for sleep after battling insomnia for 50 years. I've never taken them on a ship, but if I did it would have zero impact on any other passenger. There's just no need to smoke flower in confined spaces with all the options out there and a person consuming an edible is no more disruptive than someone having a glass of wine or two. In moderation, it's just not a problem for the rest of the passengers or crew.

Now, legality in the various ports *is* a big issue and that's why I don't carry any edibles on the ship - even to keep in my cabin as medicine. I've seen numerous people being hassled in Jamaican ports for either smelling like WEED or having a few joints on them. Trying to bring WEED back on a ship is dumb, but the ones I saw were mostly getting slapped on the wrists and issued a fine. Probably a good money maker for the port, but not worth the risk for me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, gizfish said:

We smelled it every day from our standard balcony on Meraviglia last week.  I was actually comforted by the stench, knowing that the violent coughing we heard was most likely due to that and not covid. 🙃

I've had similar experiences on cruises before. It's a relief knowing what's causing the coughing fits, especially these days.

8 hours ago, Contentry said:

I've had similar experiences on cruises before. It's a relief knowing what's causing the coughing fits, especially these days.

On 9/21/2023 at 12:52 AM, gizfish said:

We smelled it every day from our standard balcony on Meraviglia last week.  I was actually comforted by the stench, knowing that the violent coughing we heard was most likely due to that and not covid. 🙃

Are you sure they were smoking weed or vaping THC oil?  They both smell the same and both emit smoke like clouds.

I can see the vape getting through security or in a checked bag but other stuff?

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Are you sure they were smoking weed or vaping THC oil?  They both smell the same and both emit smoke like clouds.

I can see the vape getting through security or in a checked bag but other stuff?

We couldn't see which balcony it was coming from.  But the smell was strong enough even though it was not near enough to see the source, that I would think it was smokinug. If someone were to be carrying weed on their person, I doubt security would catch them as there were no drug dogs at embarkation.  Also, does gaping cause such violent coughing?

Edited by gizfish

21 hours ago, Contentry said:

If you're ever curious about cannabis-related topics, I've found Releaf UK to be a helpful resource. They offer some valuable insights and information.

Edited by Contentry