Beetlejuice opening on Viva delayed

zelliott

I am booked on the 8/19 sailing of the Viva, and just received an email informing me that Beetlejuice won’t be ready for our sailing. The relevant part of the message reads:

We regret to inform you that 'Beetlejuice ' The Musical' is not quite ready for your voyage. Due to some delays in production, the entertainment team will not be stage-ready in time for your sailing. While we understand this may come as a disappointment, please note there will be plenty of programming and entertainment options on board, including show-stopping performances in Syd Norman's Pour House; 'ICONS,' a concert experience featuring songs from musical legends from Dolly Parton to Lady Gaga; as well as a number of other musical talent and comedians to fill your days at sea.

I am wondering how many sailings will be affected by the delay. Has anyone sailing later heard similar news?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zelliott said:

I am booked on the 8/19 sailing of the Viva, and just received an email informing me that Beetlejuice won’t be ready for our sailing. The relevant part of the message reads:

We regret to inform you that 'Beetlejuice ' The Musical' is not quite ready for your voyage. Due to some delays in production, the entertainment team will not be stage-ready in time for your sailing. While we understand this may come as a disappointment, please note there will be plenty of programming and entertainment options on board, including show-stopping performances in Syd Norman's Pour House; 'ICONS,' a concert experience featuring songs from musical legends from Dolly Parton to Lady Gaga; as well as a number of other musical talent and comedians to fill your days at sea.

I am wondering how many sailings will be affected by the delay. Has anyone sailing later heard similar news?

That's disappointing - we're on that sailing too but I haven't got an email yet. I see that the Icons show you mention is now listed under entertainment on the app and I don't think it was there before. Of course Beetlejuice is also still listed!! Wouldn't you think it would be easier for them to send one mass email to all registered passengers rather than send them in batches! 

Edited by JeanKC
Error

Sorry to hear this. I wonder why this is happening? We are still awaiting the announcement about what innovative, cutting edge shows are replacing all the musicals they are cutting from the existing lineup. Don't worry though, there are a lot of comedy shows lined up....lol.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Sorry to hear this. I wonder why this is happening? We are still awaiting the announcement about what innovative, cutting edge shows are replacing all the musicals they are cutting from the existing lineup. Don't worry though, there are a lot of comedy shows lined up....lol.

I have no idea what is happening with Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.... ooops. 

I can relate a story about the inaugural/maiden voyage of the Wonder of the Seas last year. On that cruise, we attended the first ice show,,, and it was o.k. After the show, the Cruise Director came on the ice, complimented the cast, then admitted that due to supply chain delays, the cast only had 10% of the intended costumes, props. and scenery for the show... and maybe come back in a few months to see the show presented as intended. The aqua show was similar and only had one scene fully rehearsed for presentation. Talking with the Ice Captain a few days later, she said that every week, they get a box of "stuff" (props, costumes) and tried to work it into that week's show. She apologized that a lot of the choreography made no sense without the props that were suppose to go with it. 

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I can only add when we sailed Prima they kept moving around shows, eliminating some times, etc.  That was on an early sailing.

I'd imagine that's why they are not allowing reservations for any of the entertainment in advance - we have to wait until on board. 

7 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I hope it is just a delay, and I hope that they will be able to roll this show to more ships.  We saw the debut on Broadway in 2019 and it is such a light-hearted funny production.

We are sailing on the Viva in December and hope to be able to see  Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.... ooops. 

• Haha 3

When they were installing Cats on Oasis they were late so the first cruise which was also after a drydock had a lot of problems.

The issue was they blocked the theatre from all other activities, that caused chaos to the schedules.

Events that needed the theatre had to use smaller Venus and that cascades events to smaller spaces.

Everywhere got packed to overflowing.

Also a theatre full of people looking to do other things did not help.