Fees for Shuttles… New?

manmachine

Haven't been that itinerary in a couple year but from memory.     Palma de Mallorca they had a free shuttle to the edge of town.   In Malaga they have a new modern terminal which is about 15 minute walk to town or you use "Little Solar Train" for a cost of 3 Euros.   

If I recall correctly, Ponta Delgada the cruise ships dock a couple hundred feet from City Center so no transport required.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AlbertasRose said:

We have recently booked a Celebrity Cruise that will be stopping at ports in Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and Ponta Delgada.  Does anyone have any insights as to if these ports have shuttles into town (Or if we even need a shuttle)?  Thanks in advance!

Are you on the Connie TA in November? 

I'll be on the 8/21 Apex sailing with an overnight in Copenhagen.  I'll just be glad to get a shuttle whether it's free or $20.

From what I have read, taxis are very expensive --like $50 for a 15 minute taxi ride-don't know how accurate that is and they don't have Uber there.  Even though the transportation there is supposed to be excellent, I understand that you can't just tap your card and go--you have to buy a ticket or download the app (which you can't add your credit card until you get into Denmark), plus I've read that buses only take cash.  

I hope I am wrong on some of this info but this is what I have recently read. 

On 8/4/2023 at 12:33 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I disagree.  We were just on the Apex in July and stopped in Copenhagen.  There was no fee for the shuttle from ship to city center and back.  I'm baffled at these other responses as they have been charged a fee.  Must be a very recent change.

There was definitely a shuttle fee for most ports(including Copenhagen) on our 19 July Apex Baltic cruise. It actually cost more to buy the shuttle tickets on board than buying shoreside as you boarded the bus. 

Hop on Hop on buses were servicing many ports, so that it another option. 

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Haven't been that itinerary in a couple year but from memory.     Palma de Mallorca they had a free shuttle to the edge of town.   In Malaga they have a new modern terminal which is about 15 minute walk to town or you use "Little Solar Train" for a cost of 3 Euros.   

If I recall correctly, Ponta Delgada the cruise ships dock a couple hundred feet from City Center so no transport required.

Hi Jim,  in Ponta Delgado one of the docks is right in town and we have been at that one twice.  The other is a bit further walk and have seen a shuttle for that one. In Malaga, there was a pay shuttle into town but it is walkable - maybe a mile.  We did the shuttle but may walk next time. 

• Like 1

Last May ( 2023 ) in Oranjestad Aruba  there was no shuttle at all .

The berthing position was quite a walk from the ship to the security station to enter the city and back. There had been a school bus type shuttle provided on previous X cruises we were on at this port. When I inquired with a local taxi dispatcher he told me that X had previously provided the shuttle for their guests and crew , but this time they did not.

13 hours ago, horseymike said:

Last May ( 2023 ) in Oranjestad Aruba  there was no shuttle at all .

The berthing position was quite a walk from the ship to the security station to enter the city and back. There had been a school bus type shuttle provided on previous X cruises we were on at this port. When I inquired with a local taxi dispatcher he told me that X had previously provided the shuttle for their guests and crew , but this time they did not.

When we arrived post Covid I noticed that the port exit/entrance and been moved.  Previously had been a shorter walk from pier out to the street.  We have been located at the near and  the further pier but have not seen a shuttle offered.   I don’t consider this a long walk but can see if someone has issues than it may be a distance for them.  

On 8/13/2023 at 6:57 PM, Buddysmom10 said:

I'll be on the 8/21 Apex sailing with an overnight in Copenhagen.  I'll just be glad to get a shuttle whether it's free or $20.

From what I have read, taxis are very expensive --like $50 for a 15 minute taxi ride-don't know how accurate that is and they don't have Uber there.  Even though the transportation there is supposed to be excellent, I understand that you can't just tap your card and go--you have to buy a ticket or download the app (which you can't add your credit card until you get into Denmark), plus I've read that buses only take cash.  

It is NOT $50, less than half that.  The don't have Uber, but they have 2 other apps you could download and use.  We used one of them, Viggo.  Taxi is not that expensive either.  Maybe 5 euro more.

On 8/13/2023 at 9:57 PM, Buddysmom10 said:

The app is fairly easy to use.  Download and add your credit card once in Copenhagen.  The 2 zone fare does include the bus fare (and all other buses in the city) that gets you to the metro station (Orientkaj).  It ends up being about $4 per person per ride or 75 minutes.  Kids under age 12 are free with a paying adult.

There is a great thread about Copenhagen in the Ports of Call board.