Solarium Bistro dinner reservations

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If the reservations online are full for booking dinner in the Solarium Bistro for the whole cruise, will we still be able to eat there? And if so do we need to make reservations? I assume the Diamond concierge can do it?

We have never had any difficulty dining in the Bistro on recent cruises without reservations. You may have to wait a bit while a table gets cleaned and reset, but that should not be a major drawback. The issue seems to be more related to the number of staff working the tables and the galley's ability to refresh the offerings quickly enough because we have never seen all of the tables being used.

The concierge can usually cut through the fog and get you reservations at any of the restaurants.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If the reservations online are full for booking dinner in the Solarium Bistro for the whole cruise, will we still be able to eat there? And if so do we need to make reservations? I assume the Diamond concierge can do it?

You can simply go to the veuve one evening and make a reservation for later in the week. Surprised that  it is full in advance.  

Please note, occasionally the venue is reserved for a special group.  I know for the Wonder Jan 21, 2024, cruise it is NOT OPEN at all for the general public.  The following week is available in the planner. 

Allure Solarium Bistro becomes a paid Brazilian steakhouse in the evenings.  The other O class have a complimentary dinner.

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You can simply go to the veuve one evening and make a reservation for later in the week. Surprised that  it is full in advance.  

Please note, occasionally the venue is reserved for a special group.  I know for the Wonder Jan 21, 2024, cruise it is NOT OPEN at all for the general public.  The following week is available in the planner. 

Allure Solarium Bistro becomes a paid Brazilian steakhouse in the evenings.  The other O class have a complimentary dinner.

M

It’s a TA and I didn’t think about booking until it was too late and all the open slots were taken. 
I’ll be on the ship as this is the 2nd cruise on my B2B, so maybe on the first cruise I’ll see if I can book.  I was able to get a reservation during the 1st cruise though.

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It’s a TA and I didn’t think about booking until it was too late and all the open slots were taken. 
I’ll be on the ship as this is the 2nd cruise on my B2B, so maybe on the first cruise I’ll see if I can book.  I was able to get a reservation during the 1st cruise though.

Is it one of these dates\ships? (click to see the whole pic, there are a few dates)

Edited by Scottdalfonso

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I would go to venue during the first leg and see if they will make reservations for you for the second leg and if that doesn’t pan out I would then go to the concierge towards the end of your first leg (last two days) and ask them to make reservations for you. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would go to venue during the first leg and see if they will make reservations for you for the second leg and if that doesn’t pan out I would then go to the concierge towards the end of your first leg (last two days) and ask them to make reservations for you. 

Thanks, that’s what I plan to do now…..we’ll probably also use our D+ BOGOs for lunches on days that we don’t like the MDR menus and skip dinner

30 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks, that’s what I plan to do now…..we’ll probably also use our D+ BOGOs for lunches on days that we don’t like the MDR menus and skip dinner

I would still do that, but what we have experienced on B2B cruises is that once you start to use the bistro in the first week, they quickly get to know you so when you show up the second week they don’t even ask you if you have reservations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would still do that, but what we have experienced on B2B cruises is that once you start to use the bistro in the first week, they quickly get to know you so when you show up the second week they don’t even ask you if you have reservations.

Thanks!!!!