Port arrival & departure times.

windsurferfirst

I am finding it difficult to find port arrival and departures time. Can someone please point me to where I can get this information within my booking.

First cruise with Cunard and getting around my booking page has been a challenge. I am used to Princess personaliser which I think is extremely easy.

Thanks for reading

20 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I am finding it difficult to find port arrival and departures time. Can someone please point me to where I can get this information within my booking.

First cruise with Cunard and getting around my booking page has been a challenge. I am used to Princess personaliser which I think is extremely easy.

Thanks for reading

Cunard does not provide the specific port arrival and departure times anywhere on your booking information. But those timings are available on various travel agent and cruise booking websites. That includes Cunard's partner sites for Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. Other possible sources are schedules provided by some of the individual port authorities for ports that may be on your itinerary.

Cunard does provide the specific arrival and departure times hidden within the webpage HTML code for the voyage itineraries on their main website. That's a lot of work though to find them that way using the view page source function of your browser.

It's unfortunate that it takes extra work to find the specific arrival and departure timings for Cunard itineraries.

If all else fails, let me know which voyage you are on and I'll be glad to post the timings for you.

• Like 1

We had this annoyance on a recent trip, which makes it hard to organize private tours.  However, I found that the Grills concierge had easy access to port arrival and departure times and I realized that Cunard DO have the information ahead of time, they just don't give it to us!

4 hours ago, godfreyb said:

We had this annoyance on a recent trip, which makes it hard to organize private tours.  However, I found that the Grills concierge had easy access to port arrival and departure times and I realized that Cunard DO have the information ahead of time, they just don't give it to us!

That is why they don't give it to you in advance they don't want you to book private excursions they want you to book with them. Method in their madness.

• Like 1

Some of their time descriptions are misleading. An "overnight" stop will leave "early morning." That could be as "early" as half past midnight. Yes, technically it's morning. But not what people expect when they're planning.

I use whatsinport to get more accurate info, or google the specific port authority.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

I looked up all the ports schedules for the islands on our Caribbean cruise for this year.Think it gives a rough enough time to organise any excursions.Guess there could be errors depending on the weather.It’s the departure times which were important.

23 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Cunard does not provide the specific port arrival and departure times anywhere on your booking information. But those timings are available on various travel agent and cruise booking websites. That includes Cunard's partner sites for Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. Other possible sources are schedules provided by some of the individual port authorities for ports that may be on your itinerary.

Cunard does provide the specific arrival and departure times hidden within the webpage HTML code for the voyage itineraries on their main website. That's a lot of work though to find them that way using the view page source function of your browser.

It's unfortunate that it takes extra work to find the specific arrival and departure timings for Cunard itineraries.

If all else fails, let me know which voyage you are on and I'll be glad to post the timings for you.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. We are voyage number 

Q330A. I wanted to book the ferry to Capri but not knowing arrival times makes it impossible to book in advance. I have looked at port schedules but times aren't displayed. 

Thanks again for your reply.

31 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks very much for all your replies I really appreciate your time. I did think the reason they weren't available was to discourage independent shore excursions but wasn't sure.

Happy sailing everyone 🚢

Have u looked on Cunard Spanish ws in my previous post above? 

26 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Q330A. I wanted to book the ferry to Capri but not knowing arrival times makes it impossible to book in advance. I have looked at port schedules but times aren't displayed. 

Here are the port timings for voyage Q330A, Western Mediterranean, 18 Sep - 25 Sep 2023.

18/09/2023  Barcelona                 Depart 23:00
20/09/2023  Naples                      Arrive 07:00, Depart 19:00
21/09/2023  Civitavecchia            Arrive 07:00, Depart 19:00
22/09/2023  Ajaccio                      Arrive 08:00, Depart 18:00
24/09/2023  Palma de Mallorca   Arrive 08:00, Depart 18:00
25/09/2023  Barcelona                 Arrive 07:00

These are the timings found on Cunard's partner websites for Spain (cunardcruceros.com), Austria (cunardline.at) and Switzerland (cunardline.ch) as well as several other travel agent and cruise booking sites which unfortunately I can't name.

And just to show off a bit, they also match what's hidden in the HTML code for the itinerary on Cunard's own website (cunard.com) when I view page source in my browser. For example, here's the code revealing the timings for Naples.

... ,"arrivalTime":"07:00","arrivePartOfTheDay":"Early morning","departTime":"19:00","departPartOfTheDay":"Early evening","portDetails":{"id":"NAP","name":"Naples, Italy", ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windsurferfirst said:

Be careful with public transport and ferry schedules in Italy and Greece, they can change at any moment. I know from experience. 
Bake in extra time to get back to the ship you’re on an independent tour or on your own. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Here are the port timings for voyage Q330A, Western Mediterranean, 18 Sep - 25 Sep 2023.

18/09/2023  Barcelona                 Depart 23:00
20/09/2023  Naples                      Arrive 07:00, Depart 19:00
21/09/2023  Civitavecchia            Arrive 07:00, Depart 19:00
22/09/2023  Ajaccio                      Arrive 08:00, Depart 18:00
24/09/2023  Palma de Mallorca   Arrive 08:00, Depart 18:00
25/09/2023  Barcelona                 Arrive 07:00

These are the timings found on Cunard's partner websites for Spain (cunardcruceros.com), Austria (cunardline.at) and Switzerland (cunardline.ch) as well as several other travel agent and cruise booking sites which unfortunately I can't name.

And just to show off a bit, they also match what's hidden in the HTML code for the itinerary on Cunard's own website (cunard.com) when I view page source in my browser. For example, here's the code revealing the timings for Naples.

... ,"arrivalTime":"07:00","arrivePartOfTheDay":"Early morning","departTime":"19:00","departPartOfTheDay":"Early evening","portDetails":{"id":"NAP","name":"Naples, Italy", ...

Thanks so much for all this information. You are very clever is it a hobby or your job?

54 minutes ago, NE John said:

Be careful with public transport and ferry schedules in Italy and Greece, they can change at any moment. I know from experience. 
Bake in extra time to get back to the ship you’re on an independent tour or on your own. 

I am very cautious of independent excursions for the very reason you state - we are on our own. we have not fully committed to doing it our selves yet if it was me I would book with Cunard but my husband wants to book independently.

18 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks so much for all this information. You are very clever is it a hobby or your job?

I guess you could say Cruise Critic and researching all things Cunard has become a hobby for me. I'm retired from a career in computer programming.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I am very cautious of independent excursions for the very reason you state - we are on our own. we have not fully committed to doing it our selves yet if it was me I would book with Cunard but my husband wants to book independently.

I don’t trust any posted schedule in Italy…and my native-born Italian DW would be the first to agree! 
The mantra in Italy is “Non ti preoccupare” Don’t worry about it. When you need to make your ship, you need to worry about it. 
Take the Cunard tours if you have this concern. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Others have already mentioned travel risks in Italy.

We were in Sorrento at almost the same time last year with friends.

We planned a day trip to Capri, although we hadn't booked in advance. However while queuing for tickets we were told that we could travel to Capri but as the weather was expected to deteriorate in afternoon we would not be able to get back that day. I wouldn't like to risk that sort of excursion knowing I had a ship to catch.

• Like 1