Bringing wine on board

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not very, pretty sure any home bottling shrink wrap set up will help your friend pass inspection.

Sometimes I think it is scary that I know where and how to do these things and I don't drink enough to need it  lol 

• Haha 4

Does it matter how you take on your allowed bottle of wine on embarkation day? Carry on bag or packed in your case? How would they know if you had a bottle in a carry on bag and also one in a suitcase? On a recent P&O cruise I packed my wine in my suitcase and then bought more to carry on in a bag as we got to the port. I expected one or the other of it to be confiscated ntil we disembarked but neither of them were. I don't know how strict the checks are by RCI in comparison.

29 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Does it matter how you take on your allowed bottle of wine on embarkation day? Carry on bag or packed in your case? How would they know if you had a bottle in a carry on bag and also one in a suitcase? On a recent P&O cruise I packed my wine in my suitcase and then bought more to carry on in a bag as we got to the port. I expected one or the other of it to be confiscated ntil we disembarked but neither of them were. I don't know how strict the checks are by RCI in comparison.

You need to carry on the wine , if they discover it in checked luggage you will be called to identify and they may hold the wine .

• Thanks 1

2 bottles in the luggage has gone through every time without fail not issues, never any questions asked. 

If you need to top up mid cruise a lot of terminals seems to have mini duty free shops these days post baggage checks and its often easy to get another bottle then without RCL confiscating it if you get it in your bag quick. They do sometimes ask any wine or spirits and you just say no, they aren't going to pat you down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooby1 said:

2 bottles in the luggage has gone through every time without fail not issues, never any questions asked. 

If you need to top up mid cruise a lot of terminals seems to have mini duty free shops these days post baggage checks and its often easy to get another bottle then without RCL confiscating it if you get it in your bag quick. They do sometimes ask any wine or spirits and you just say no, they aren't going to pat you down. 

Maybe on EU embarkations but very not the case on NA embarkations. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, George C said:

You need to carry on the wine , if they discover it in checked luggage you will be called to identify and they may hold the wine .

We're on a b2b on Explorer next month. Can you take on more wine on embarkation day to cover the second week?

17 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We're on a b2b on Explorer next month. Can you take on more wine on embarkation day to cover the second week?

I am sure you can we did that on celebrity, they will hold the wine for the second week and give it to you on last night of week 1.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, yet another question!  We often buy locally produced spirits to take home with us. The ship staff usually take them from us when we reboard after a day in a port and then deliver them to our cabin on the last evening for us to pack away for going home. But what happens on the first leg of a b2b? Do the staff still deliver the bottles on the last night even though we're not leaving the ship, or do they keep them until the end of the 2nd week?

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Sorry, yet another question!  We often buy locally produced spirits to take home with us. The ship staff usually take them from us when we reboard after a day in a port and then deliver them to our cabin on the last evening for us to pack away for going home. But what happens on the first leg of a b2b? Do the staff still deliver the bottles on the last night even though we're not leaving the ship, or do they keep them until the end of the 2nd week?

If it's dpirits they are supposed to be kept until the end of week 2.  YMMV.

Find a friend on week one and have the friend bring them on board and then get them from your friend the last day and you will then have them for week 2  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 5:18 PM, Mim Lloyd said:

Hand carried unless you want to go to the naughty room.

• Thanks 1

We were 4 couples on Oasis of the Seas in 2011. All had bottles of alcohol, pre-mixed stuff, as we would meet at a different cabin each night before dinner for a drink. One couple got caught, he got a lecture from security about how no alcohol gets past them. He just laughed. Our bar bill even after that was still astronomical. We are older and wiser now, we don't drink as much, so our 4 diamond drinks are more than enough.

• Thanks 1