New to Princess - how do I book 2 connecting balconies in 1 online transaction?

newbie202020

2 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

in the time that you wait for a  useful answer or call a TA, it might sell out....so just do it now.

Thanks but I don't have a TA and the wait to speak with Princess is too long.

I haven't firmly decided between 2 dates and just want to know how to book online when I do.

I use two computers and book simultaneously. It’s irritating that the Princess website doesn’t allow you to book two cabins at the same time, some other cruise line websites have this feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on princess.com just follow along picking the cabin, and keep following the instructions....

do one cabin then the other...the website will  hold them for 2 or three days for you, I think.

Also, balcony dividers can be opened so most cabins are adjoining in some way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Determine which cabins you would like to book. Have more than one choice of two cabins. If you are looking for connecting cabins be sure to check that box. You can determine which cabins are available by going on line in the Princess web site. Begin a booking, select the deck, and then see which cabins are available.

My best advise would be to contact a T.A.. They will call the T.A. contacts at Princess, most likely be able to select the cabins you want AND then they will be able to have those cabins marked NO Upgrade to reduce the possibility of Princess moving your cabin selections at some future date without your knowledge. 

If you do this yourself on line, go through the first process.  Then with knowledge at hand book the 1st cabin with the occupants that will be in that cabin. Immediately go on line again and book the 2nd cabin with its occupants. You will then have to call Princess, to have the booking marked NO Upgrade. You can not do this on line.

If you use a T.A. (I always do) they can determine which is the best promotion for you providing the best fares and most OBC. T.A.'s most times also add their own OBC or provide some incentive from their commission. 

• Thanks 1

While it may very well be a long wait on hold to speak to a rep...every time I have tried to do this I had better luck just doing it on the phone.  They can immediately put a hold on possible cabins so that they don't get yanked out from under you.  Much less stressful (IMO) than trying to do this with 2 computers.

• Thanks 1

We can't mention TA names, but there is a big box TA that will let you book 2 cabins at once.  I think you'll still need to have the deck plan open on Princess' website so you'll know which cabins are connecting.  It is a tedious process trying to find 2 connecting that are available.  

• Thanks 1

I looked at the big box TA I think you're referring to. Surprisingly, they do not reflect the current sale (3rd and 4th guests free) and is way more expensive than Princess website even taking into account their special offerings. Am in Canada if that makes a difference. 

2 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

I looked at the big box TA I think you're referring to. Surprisingly, they do not reflect the current sale (3rd and 4th guests free) and is way more expensive than Princess website even taking into account their special offerings. Am in Canada if that makes a difference. 

Are the promo terms, 3rd and 4th passengers in the same cabin? When you have two cabins each cabin only has 2 passengers. 

This shouldn't be so hard. On Royal Caribbean I can choose two cabins with the number of passengers in each. When I select "connecting" it brings up available connecting cabins and you book both at once. Princess needs to improve this on their website. Hope you get the cruise booked.

1 hour ago, villageidit said:

This shouldn't be so hard. On Royal Caribbean I can choose two cabins with the number of passengers in each. When I select "connecting" it brings up available connecting cabins and you book both at once. Princess needs to improve this on their website. Hope you get the cruise booked.

Thanks, still not there yet. 

It was easy to book connecting rooms on Celebrity website as it worked the same way as Royal. Not sure why Princess isn't as user friendly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

They used to let you choose your fare type online, but lately, online prices tend to reflect either Plus or Premier rates.  You can still book standard fare, but you need to call them for a quote. I believe a phone call is needed for 3rd/4th guests free, too.   They also tend to show rates inclusive of the taxes/fees earlier in the booking process rather than the last step.  Your best bet is to call them, but if Princess has long waits the big box will too.  We gave up trying to find connecting rooms on our Cruise in December and opted for rooms near each other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They only appear more expensive because they present Plus and Premier fares and hide the Standard.  Not that I am interested in booking with them anyway, but was just looking at this in respect of another thread post.

Canada makes no difference in terms of Princess as we are in the same market sector as US.  CAD fares are 1.35X USD fares (and then often "fiddled" with by a few cents one way or the other). 

I would recommend a US-based agency that gives cash discounts that you can't get in Canada.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I tried with 1 cabin to see if the 3rd/4th free promo would work and it didn't. 

I am not all that familiar with their booking engine other than what I posted above.

That said, if you can find a 3rd party website (or agency) that sells cruises, you can see all of the eligible fares with many of these online agencies.  They will get you to enter Name, BD, Captain's Circle Member Number and then they can display all the eligible fares.  Perhaps that BB place doesn't do that and you need to talk to a rep to book what promo you want (just like you would need to in order to book a Standard Fare).

For a 3rd party website, you can try the agency that has a whole lot of little boxes, plus online - if you can deduce what that one is.  They have a 3-day sale each summer.  They will have both a Canadian and US website.  Another idea is to try the national air carrier and they will be showing fares in CAD.  Otherwise, I don't have a way to tell you about two other US sites because it would involve naming my top two travel agencies.  But at least you might find something to give you various fare options.  Princess.com only shows you one fare code and it is supposed to be the best deal for you based on your residency in CC Member profile (such as if there was a special deal for Canadians like earlier this year when cruises were being sold at par).

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:41 AM, newbie202020 said:

I don't want to do it as 2 separate transactions in case 1 room were to sell out while I'm booking the other one. Thanks!

Booking on Princess is not like booking Rolling Stones or Springsteen or Taylor Swift.  Especially if off hours when TA's in North America are not working, you should have no problems booking two cabins in a row.  You just need to put them on courtesy hold and deal with deposits later.  But I do suggest finding a TA that will get you something more than PCL offers.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:47 AM, newbie202020 said:

Thanks but I don't have a TA and the wait to speak with Princess is too long.

If you call early in the morning - avoid Mondays - you should not have a big wait time.  Make sure you select book a new cruise.  Don't just default to the regular phone reps.  This option should get you an actual sales person.  You can also elect to get a CVP if you want to deal directly with Princess.  They can help book you over the phone quickly.  CVP's are PCL's inside sales agents (like a TA).

CVP - Cruise Vacation Planner if you have not heard of them yet.

• Thanks 1