Medallion Set Up

Pickels

How long do you have to wait to add your (new) reservation to the Medallion app?  Do you have to create a new one, or can an existing Medallion web set up from two years back still work?  I tried to add my current reservation but, Princess can't find it.

any clues, thanks.

7 minutes ago, Pickels said:

How long do you have to wait to add your (new) reservation to the Medallion app?  Do you have to create a new one, or can an existing Medallion web set up from two years back still work?  I tried to add my current reservation but, Princess can't find it.

any clues, thanks.

Did you download the current Princess MedallionClass App?

2 years ago is old, you may want to just delete that App and download/install the current App. You won’t lose anything.  Many updates in the last 2 years. 

If you just made a reservation, it takes a couple of days to populate to the downloaded App.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

Information here for the App and a button to download it.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet that your cruise will show up once you get the new app downloaded...assuming that you are logging in with the same credentials as you do with Princess.com.  If it *still* does not show up...make sure that you have not been assigned a new Captain's Circle number.  If it's not the same number (you should always have the one number) you'll need to have Princess fix that.

Worse TI/phone support.  Deleted the old app, loaded the new app, tried to put in my info, (which, by the way is PERFECT), and it said not valid.  Then, call the Princess Help line, after an hour and a half on the phone with some techie, provided information, staying on hold for the longest time, I simply hung up. Sometimes you get a person that can really help, most times you get someone that doesn't know her/his , well, you know.  I'll keep trying, hope to get it set up. 

@Pickels...not sure if you've tried this or anyone else (off the board) has suggested...

Can you log into Princess.com on a desktop/laptop/tablet with your existing credentials and "see" your booked cruise in cruise personalizer?  If you cannot do that then this is NOT an app problem at all.

Now the person that was trying to help me, (for at least an hour on the phone) said she's now going to have to put in a service ticket for the IT group and for me to check again in 5 days.  what a group!  Glad I've got time before the cruise. 

I once had an issue with the app not talking to the reservation system after making a change to my reservation.  One IT "expert" tried and failed to fix the problem when talking to me on the phone.  I got the trouble ticket and call back in 5 days response.  When I called back, I got an IT person, who knew what they were doing.  He simply had my totally log out of the app and close it.  Then open it and log back in.  That worked!  Good luck.

Edited by RetAF98

5 minutes ago, RetAF98 said:

I once had an issue with the app not talking to the reservation system after making a change to my reservation.  One IT "expert" tried and failed to fix the problem when talking to me on the phone.  I got the trouble ticket and call back in 5 days response.  When I called back, I got an IT person, who knew what they were doing.  He simply had my totally log out of the app and close it.  Then open it and log back in.  That worked!  Good luck.

Sure, but he probably did something behind the scenes as well.  Lots of folks try closing app and login again - even uninstall and reinstall - and don't get anywhere.  Note all that the App doesn't hold your cruise data.  Your phone only has some cookies  and I suppose the auto-sign-in data from last session if you didn't log out.

22 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@Pickels...not sure if you've tried this or anyone else (off the board) has suggested...

Can you log into Princess.com on a desktop/laptop/tablet with your existing credentials and "see" your booked cruise in cruise personalizer?  If you cannot do that then this is NOT an app problem at all.

Info on Princess.com is correct, all info is there and verified.  So it's the Medallion app that has the issue.   Oh well, as long as they have my peach cobbler on board! 😁