*LIVE* from the Voyager: August 12-26, 2023 Reykjavik to Southampton

WNcruiser

Just back on the ship and yet another example of the over the top service we have. Our tour got back late and La Vernada was closed. One of the head waiters saw us and waved us in as they were cleaning up. He made sure we got whatever food we wanted and before I could even sit down, my glass of Chardonnay was being poured. Truly exceptional service. 

We had a nice drive over to Godafoss and then a relaxing soak in the Myvatn nature baths. Looking forward to a relaxing sea day tomorrow as we have been nonstop since landing in Reykjavik. I will post some photos of our suite tomorrow. 

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2412.jpeg

• Like 5

On 8/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, briar14 said:

Does Icelandair have lie flat seats on their flights?

We fly Icelandair over night and the seats do not lay down.  We were able to sleep some.  The seats were very comfortable.  

We were very surprised how wonderful the whole experience was on Icelandair.  

On 8/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, WNcruiser said:

We are on board and enjoying a glass of champagne. First time on Icelandair, seats are very comfortable with a blanket, pillow, Iceland water and an amenity kit at the seat.  Not bad for a 5 hour flight! 

IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

Totally argree with you regarding Icelandair.  Very surprised with the comfort and service on board.

We did fly overnight and even though the seats did not lay flat, they were comfortable enough to get some sleep.  We fly non-stop from Portland to Reykjavik and arrived at 6am.  

29 minutes ago, Boats07 said:

Totally argree with you regarding Icelandair.  Very surprised with the comfort and service on board.

We did fly overnight and even though the seats did not lay flat, they were comfortable enough to get some sleep.  We fly non-stop from Portland to Reykjavik and arrived at 6am.  

I'm really happy to see your report on Icelandair.  I'm flying to Iceland at the end of the month and I also arrive at 6am, which will be midnight for me.  I'm counting on trying to get some sleep, but I was worried because others have reported that they had trouble sleeping. Do the seats recline enough that your head doesn't keep falling forward when you nod off?

2 hours ago, Boats07 said:

Was that business or coach?  THanks.

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

I'm really happy to see your report on Icelandair.  I'm flying to Iceland at the end of the month and I also arrive at 6am, which will be midnight for me.  I'm counting on trying to get some sleep, but I was worried because others have reported that they had trouble sleeping. Do the seats recline enough that your head doesn't keep falling forward when you nod off?

Yes, the seats do recline.  I have to admit it was a comfortable and we were pleasantly surprised.

7 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

I know it’s only 1 case on REGENT but I am starting to hear more about people testing positive for COVID on various cruise lines. We have 2 family members that contracted COVID on a Viking river cruise just a week ago.

my surgical assistant, her daughter, and her friend just came back from a Carnival cruise, and all are now covid positive.  

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

The seats recline a little--it is like domestic First on Delta or AA in one of the narrow body planes.  

Good morning from the Norwegian Sea. We are on our way to Lerwick in surprisingly very calm waters, although we seem to have a lot of vibration on deck 10 and some slight rocking. I will try and post some photos of the dinner last night but the Wi-Fi continues to be very very slow so uploading may not work until tomorrow. 

Here is a picture of the current sea conditions and a picture of Voyager leaving Alureyri yesterday. 

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

• Like 1

We had dinner in CR last night for the first time. Service was a little slow (30 mins before we had our 1st course) but overall a nice dinner. Started with pâté and fig jam, iberico ham with roasted red pepper and artichokes and the Dover sole for my entree. I didnt find any of the specials appealing but luckily the anytime menu has more than enough options. Dessert was a white chocolate mousse but unfortunately I took a bite before remembering to get a photo. 

IMG_2415.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

• Like 5

Last nights entertainment was a ventriloquist. I thought he was somewhat entertaining, but not really my thing. Tonight is a musician so will check that out at 9:30. 

Today is a easy relaxing day and maybe even a visit to the gym after lunch. We have a “face to face” with UK immigration tomorrow morning before we can disembark to Lerwick. Hoping it’s fast and easy. 

That’s all for now. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about Voyager. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mnocket said:

It looks liked you've had great weather!  I'll be there in a few weeks and I'm conflicted about how to pack given the outstanding weather I'm seeing current travelers report. 

The best advice I can give is to check the weather the day before you leave for your ports. I only brought one jacket and a waterproof windbreaker and it’s worked out great so far. Mostly have only needed a shirt and one of the jackets. 

We are staying in a Penthouse category A. The size is fine with a huge walk in closet. For those of you like me who are coming from Spendor or Explorer and have not been on one of the older ships you may be a little disappointed. Voyager is over 22 years old and overall she looks good. However the room is also quite outdated and has many cosmetic issues. There is also only a single sink in the bathroom and the shower is quite small.  Of course these do not affect the enjoyment of my cruise, but I would expect a better product on Regent for the price.

Pictures of the bedroom, sitting area and closet. 

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 6:31 AM, Nachosdelux said:

sorry about your friends - hope they get well soon.  

Were they by chance on the previous segment as well? (Copenhagen-Rekjavik)

Thank you for the kind words. They were not on the previous cruise, so they must’ve picked it up stateside. Her husband had tested negative, but they didn’t separate them. She’s supposed to get out on Friday, but now he’s got it, so that’s not going to happen. We feel so bad for them, as they were so looking forward to this spectacular cruise. 

22 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Thank you for the kind words. They were not on the previous cruise, so they must’ve picked it up stateside. Her husband had tested negative, but they didn’t separate them. She’s supposed to get out on Friday, but now he’s got it, so that’s not going to happen. We feel so bad for them, as they were so looking forward to this spectacular cruise. 

They they get Paxlovid?

Hello from the Voyager lounge where we are listening to some nice music and having a black label on the rocks. We are headed to Norway 🇳🇴 after a nice day in Lerwick. Interesting place with lots of sheep and history. Didn’t take many pictures but I will post a few. 

Tomorrow is Alesund, our first of five stops in Norway. We plan on taking the tram tour and having lunch in town. The ship docks right in the city center. 

cant upload photos right now due to extremely poor Wi-Fi, will try later. 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 4:18 PM, irishwitchy said:

Lol, love your pics, but lucky for me I don’t really like most of the desserts on the ship except the soufflé and some of the cookies.  Enjoy! 

Just for you, chocolate 😀

IMG_2447.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Any news on any other cruiser positive tests?

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Any news on any other cruiser positive tests?

Still have not heard a word about Covid since we boarded. Haven’t heard any passengers or crew talking about it or seen anyone with possible symptoms. It’s business as usual. 

• Like 1