Equinox cabin #9195

ladyjane550

5 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

We were in 9128 in May which, I believe, is the same category. It wasn’t updated. 

Where was the bed? Beside bathroom or balcony? We will be in 9130 and I believe the bed position alternates. 

Cabin 9195 bed is by the bath. Below is the link for the spreadsheet that identifies S-class info. Since I suffer from severe motion sickness and my body must be facing forward when lying in bed, I have never chosen a S-class portside cabin without using this spread sheet first. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYvbGYBf2WB3jSFTVuliFltauVnhdqfheWJTeFujSbs/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

We were in 9128 in May which, I believe, is the same category. It wasn’t updated. 

Looking at your photo, what was updated was new curtains and bed skirt (perhaps mattress) and probably the larger TV with the removal of the vertical shelves that used to be to the side of the smaller TV.

• Thanks 1

I had assumed the bed would be by the bath which is ok. The next issue is where the head of the bed is….DH needs to sleep facing the window which may mean we have to sleep on sides of the bed opposite to what we’ve been doing for the last 40+ years! 

32 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

I had assumed the bed would be by the bath which is ok. The next issue is where the head of the bed is….DH needs to sleep facing the window which may mean we have to sleep on sides of the bed opposite to what we’ve been doing for the last 40+ years! 

good workout for the brain. We have opposite "sleeping sides" in our year round home  and winter place.  Easy adjustment..but can be confusing at first!  

2 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

Yes, maybe partially updated. But it still looked tired and the decor and furnishings didn’t coordinate at all. It was comfy but didn’t look good. 

“Updated” really isn’t the right word…lol.  I just meant there were some minor changes.

• Like 2

Really interesting thread about the extent of "revolution" of the Equinox. The Celebrity corporate page implies this ship has been revolutionized as in completely so. Even my travel agent responded today to my inquiry about the extent of "revolution" that "per Celebrity, 80% of the ship was revolutionized during Covid. 100% of the staterooms were revolutionized. " I am disappointed to read and see photos of minimal changes in Veranda staterooms as recent as May (we're looking at booking those). Do bathrooms have shower curtains vs glass doors? 

9 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

Really interesting thread about the extent of "revolution" of the Equinox. The Celebrity corporate page implies this ship has been revolutionized as in completely so. Even my travel agent responded today to my inquiry about the extent of "revolution" that "per Celebrity, 80% of the ship was revolutionized during Covid. 100% of the staterooms were revolutionized. " I am disappointed to read and see photos of minimal changes in Veranda staterooms as recent as May (we're looking at booking those). Do bathrooms have shower curtains vs glass doors? 

I would say about 20% was redone.  Michaels Club updated to Retreat and they did the Retreat deck .  We were in a SS and RS last year and in both the furniture was worn, carpets ragged.  In RS table had a crack and blinds broken.  But still our favorite ship!  It’s a warm, inviting feel and the crew is the best.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bjahil47 said:

I would say about 20% was redone.  Michaels Club updated to Retreat and they did the Retreat deck .  We were in a SS and RS last year and in both the furniture was worn, carpets ragged.  In RS table had a crack and blinds broken.  But still our favorite ship!  It’s a warm, inviting feel and the crew is the best.  

Thanks for the info about the SS and RS! It helps me adjust my expectations! Now I'm wondering how to give this info to my travel agent without coming across like I don't trust her info. My first time returning to booking via a travel agent in 15+ years. 

2 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

Thanks for the info about the SS and RS! It helps me adjust my expectations! Now I'm wondering how to give this info to my travel agent without coming across like I don't trust her info. My first time returning to booking via a travel agent in 15+ years. 

If you booked any of those cabins you will still love them!  We have a RS (different one) booked for a B2B next month.  Your TA should know about the crane accident and that a few ships were not completely done.  Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dreamer68 said:

There are cabin tours on YouTube that your agent can watch. Clearly, they have not been revolutionized. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:10 AM, thebutlerdidit said:

There are cabin tours on YouTube that your agent can watch. Clearly, they have not been revolutionized. 

Thanks! I did check those out! And watched the video on the Celebrity Equinox page again. I can see that the colours and furnishings in several categories are NOT the new greys and blues like the newer Edge-class ships as I thought "revolutionize" to mean. Good for me to have my expectations adjusted for the rooms. I'm just happy to have a door for the shower vs a curtain 🤣...and excited to try a Solstice- class ship, having tried a Millenium and an Edge-class ones. The Equinox looks like a beautiful home for 10 nights next spring. Putting a deposit on the Equinox for a May 2024 sailing. 🤞

I have stayed in several different Sky suites on EQ in the past 2 years and I don't recall any of them got more than new soft goods and sofa upholsterey. In fact, in May, they were just then replacing the window sheers in our suite. Doesn't matter to us. It's clean and service is great. 

Edited by 39august