Whirlpool suites Seascape. worth it?

Yurita

Good morning everyone!

I will be celebrating my 40th Birthday on the Seascape. 
Yesterday all suites with whirlpools opened up at the same time and they are all available. 
Has anyone ever stayed in one of these cabins? Is the extra money worth it?

7 day cruise, 2 days at sea.

I did have a whirlpool suite on the Meraviglia in April. It was a little different from the ones on the Seascape in that the suite itself had two separate rooms (a living room and a bedroom) and the balcony was HUGE, but as for just having access to the whirlpool itself, it was WONDERFUL. I definitely can't afford to do it every trip, but for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend it. For us, it was kind of a bucket list thing. On our very first cruise together on te NCL Escape, we docked next to an MSC ship and saw hot tubs on some of the balconies. My husband especially was obsessed with having one of those one day. So for our first cruise on MSC, we decided to go for it. We are on the Meraviglia again next month and while we couldn't afford to pay the difference for another Whirlpool Suite versus our Fantastica Balcony, we did put in a bid for an upgrade.

Jim Zimmemran did an extensive review on Seaside, when the cabin type was new.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2503001-jim-zims-msc-seaside-review-with-84-photos-amp-8-videos/#comment-53917392

These cabins are only about 15 sq-ft larger than a regular balcony.  The hot tub is much smaller than the forward facing ones on Meraviglia and plus class ships and takes up most of the balcony space.  Generally reviewers prefer the aft facing/angled ones due to wind exposure when the ship is moving.  Also, the higher deck ones have less exposure to viewers from other nearby balcony cabins.

Edit to above comment:  I was thinking about the Fantastica suites regarding not much larger in cabin size,  the Aurea whirlpool suites are much larger than regular balconies.   It's just the long narrow layout that I find less than optimal. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've never had that type of cabin on the Seascape. That's mainly because when I look at the videos, it looks like you have very little privacy. Not sure if that matters to you. I just don't like how they are located in or near that area where it curves. 

Happy cruising!

We had one on Seaside and we booked again in December on Seascape . We don't really care for hot tubs, never go in public once but we loved out hot tub in the cabin. We used it every day for my surprise. Really nice escape from crowds on sea days, big balcony, big room .We had lunch there and nice to have your drink at night . 

11 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

We had one on Seaside and we booked again in December on Seascape . We don't really care for hot tubs, never go in public once but we loved out hot tub in the cabin. We used it every day for my surprise. Really nice escape from crowds on sea days, big balcony, big room .We had lunch there and nice to have your drink at night . 

Which cabin did you have on Seascape?

How was the privacy on your balcony? 

13 hours ago, KittyCruz said:

We had one on the Meraviglia  #12007

We used and enjoyed it (some small issues with getting it to work and it was uber windy) however when it came time to cruise again we looked at our priorities and decided we'd rather upgrade to YC

You can have both.  Book a duplex or RS and you get a whirlpool outside.

48 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

I will cruise in December on Seascape. WP cabins probably more open but we don't seat naked in WP and its not like people standing and watching you .

Hahaha. Yes, looking at the videos of some of those cabins forward facing, you can see onto that balcony. I don't plan to be naked on my regular balcony either. Hahaha. But, I do prefer that people are not looking directly onto my balcony when I'm relaxing. Just m preference. 

On 8/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, JamieLogical said:

I did have a whirlpool suite on the Meraviglia in April. It was a little different from the ones on the Seascape in that the suite itself had two separate rooms (a living room and a bedroom) and the balcony was HUGE, but as for just having access to the whirlpool itself, it was WONDERFUL. I definitely can't afford to do it every trip, but for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend it. For us, it was kind of a bucket list thing. On our very first cruise together on te NCL Escape, we docked next to an MSC ship and saw hot tubs on some of the balconies. My husband especially was obsessed with having one of those one day. So for our first cruise on MSC, we decided to go for it. We are on the Meraviglia again next month and while we couldn't afford to pay the difference for another Whirlpool Suite versus our Fantastica Balcony, we did put in a bid for an upgrade.

I'm booked on a Nov meraviglia cruise in fantastical balcony. I put in bid on aurea whirlpool suite too.  See how it goes 😁

We had an Aurea Whirlpool Suite on the Seashore for our family of 5 and it was amazing. We used it every single day, multiple times per day. The room itself is pretty big and I liked that there was a walk-in closet for some privacy when changing given that there were 5 of us. We loved it so much that we booked the same cabin again on the Seascape for summer 2024. 

• Like 1