Chic nights….Beyond

dino1037

We are cruising with Celebrity for first time in 3 weeks.

Can anyone advise what nights the Chic nights are likely to be on 10 day cruise?

Also what dress is the norm? Until last year on RCCL Odyssey we had always worn black tie being wear….but I told husband not to bother as it’s too much luggage and too hot!

Do people bother on Celebrity? I will wear a nice dress but what’s the genera, consensus for men?

Thanks

no black tie ...rare but you can if u want

sports jacket or nice shirt and slacks

wide range but a bit elevated than casual.  Suggest you do a search for recent dress  threads or chk X website..

Typically your first and one of the last sea days are the chic nights. Day 2 is very common and if they can manage it the second to last night but depending on port schedule could make them flip flop it. Usually when you see lobster on the menu in the MDR in your ap that’s going to be the second chic night.

I guess my question is does this pattern hold for the longer cruises, 17+?

54 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

We are cruising with Celebrity for first time in 3 weeks.

Can anyone advise what nights the Chic nights are likely to be on 10 day cruise?

Also what dress is the norm? Until last year on RCCL Odyssey we had always worn black tie being wear….but I told husband not to bother as it’s too much luggage and too hot!

Do people bother on Celebrity? I will wear a nice dress but what’s the genera, consensus for men?

Thanks

Which cruise? Off topic but we sail in 3 weeks too, Equinox in Caribbean.  

No need for tux or a sports coat for that matter. Slacks and a nice shirt will be what the majority of men will be wearing. 

FYI I was just on the Odyssey last month, Greek Islands cruise, and ship was at capacity and not many men wearing tuxes. Slacks and a dress shirt were what most men wore. 

Edited by kwokpot