Symphony - Aquamarine (Classic) w/Veranda on Deck 10

Princess Calee

2 hours ago, BWIVince said:

OMG Patty,...Countless management teams have now reviewed that same atrocity of a (third of a) ceiling, and thought, “oh, that’s good enough, we can leave that for sure.”  🤮  Taking function and wear out of the equation, that has to be the tackiest original design element Crystal ever selected — and it takes a lot to pass the 6 golden sculptures/sets.

Sorry for the rant…. My decades of hate for that ceiling grow with every passing refit.  LOL

Vince

In case anyone needs a reminder!  And this is the disparaged carpet where we thought dead bodies had just been removed. Credit to FB for both.May be an image of indoors

No photo description available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crickette said:

In case anyone needs a reminder!  And this is the disparaged carpet where we thought dead bodies had just been removed. Credit to FB for both.May be an image of indoors

No photo description available.

Yes indeed the OC Symphony SH.  It includes that desk where Ms. PaulMCO would like to kill me when trying to use the bathroom or enter the closet.

Drop some red wine on the carpet -- just blends in..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Doesn't the "saucer" correspond to the dimensions and location of the dance floor?  And the larger circle matches that lower level of seating?

IMO, at least there is some rationale for the two circles.

There definitely WAS a rationale for the saucer back in the day — it hid the disco lights for the dance floor during the room’s previous life.  The lights have since been streamlined and updated on subsequent refits and no longer need something so obtrusive — the same way other lounges have been updated.

The outer circle has been partially updated, which I think creates the biggest clash with the yellowed “glass” detail within it and makes it that much more obnoxious,  The Avenue has a similar lighting detail by the bar and it isn’t nearly as annoying, even though that installation also looks a little dated too.  The Avenue gives it a whole different context though.

Vince

16 hours ago, BWIVince said:

and it takes a lot to pass the 6 golden sculptures/sets.

The whole time I was reading your "rant" I kept thinking..."But what about those gold statues?".  I feel the same way about them as you do about the ceiling!  On my last Symphony cruise in 2019 I brought it up to the Cove bartender one evening and he said he liked them.  I wonder if it was just the company line he was espousing.  🤔  

I did manage to ignore them and have a wonderful time anyway!! 🙂

~Nancy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

The whole time I was reading your "rant" I kept thinking..."But what about those gold statues?".  I feel the same way about them as you do about the ceiling!  On my last Symphony cruise in 2019 I brought it up to the Cove bartender one evening and he said he liked them.  I wonder if it was just the company line he was espousing.  🤔  

I did manage to ignore them and have a wonderful time anyway!! 🙂

~Nancy

Nancy, I had to work that in because I know so many people feel about them like I do about the tacky ceiling.  I don’t know why they don’t bother me, but I definitely see what y’all are talking about.  😁 In the context of the late 80’s and the original design of Harmony when they were commissioned I get it…. But the commission of the 2 other Palm Court pieces especially just seemed to be a running joke after that.

Vince

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are interested in a cruise from Athens to Rome on the Symphony in April,

if I am understanding correctly, all the Aquamarine Classic suites are on deck 10. I really want the Classic because of the bathtub, but if they are on deck 10, I am concerned about  the noise level from deck 11 above which includes pools, restaurants, the teen room etc.  We always try to select a suite below other suites to minimize the noise.

Has anyone stayed on deck 10 on the Symphony and is the noise it a problem?

Thanks in advance for any help?

1 hour ago, glsebs said:

if I am understanding correctly, all the Aquamarine Classic suites are on deck 10. I really want the Classic because of the bathtub, but if they are on deck 10, I am concerned about  the noise level from deck 11 above which includes pools, restaurants, the teen room etc.  We always try to select a suite below other suites to minimize the noise.

I've only taken one cruise in an Aquamarine Classic, but I picked one midships and got no noise from above.  The cabin was under one of the covered areas with loungers, but in a higher traffic area.  It's a ship, so every once in a blue moon you can hear something from above or below no matter whether it's a cabin or a venue in that location, but I didn't get any chair dragging noises, music, or anything specific to being under a pool deck.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a suite under the kids facilities either.  They're not really aligned with any of the suites, and unless you're on a holiday cruise or peak summer cruise, they're among the quietest places in the ship.  (Literally, the library is normally noisier than either kids room, and it's still pretty darn quiet.)

The only question mark for me, and I don't know for sure, would be the suites under Tastes (and to a lesser degree Trident).  Unlike Marketplace, the chairs drag on the teak all day and evening as people push them in and out constantly.  If I didn't hear the loungers and chairs in my room it's probably not an issue, but the amount of vibration generated would be higher there, so that might be slightly more of a risk. 

Vince

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glsebs said:

Yes the Aquamarine Classic suites are only on Deck 10.

I've stayed in them a few times plus the Saphire Classic suites on Deck 10 several times and didn't have a problem.  We stay mid-ship.

Like Vince say if you are concerned then avoid being under the Tastes as Vince said.

Keith