Victor Bodden-Bodden tours

kreyem7

Have you had experience with Victor Bodden Tours in Roatan? We have booked through the cruise line prior but would like to go through a private tour company and customize our excursions. I'm a little hesitant about not getting back on the cruise in time. This company seems highly recommended. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

It's been a few years, but we used them and they were excellent. Victor was fast and thorough with email communication prior to the tour, making sure we understood all of the details.  Our guide was Francisco, and he was friendly and professional.  We felt safe everywhere he took us, all of the beautiful spots on the island, and he gave us tips on how to bargain with vendors and what to get to eat and drink.  We also enjoyed the interesting bits of information and history along the way.  You get to decide where you want to go and for how long.  The freedom worked out very well for us.  We had several photo stops and shopping before going to the monkey business. This was definitely the highlight of the trip.  A guide takes you through the various cages, and you can go in and interact with monkeys, parrots, a sloth and more.  It's really a one of a kind experience.

Edited by Cuckoo7

We booked him for a tour when we were in Roatan for a week vacation earlier this year and would highly recommend him.

Oops it was Ronys Tour that we used

Edited by pmmaurer
wrong company name

We booked with them and trust them 100% to get us back on time.  We were so impressed with our guide and how they let us determine how long we stayed at each site, too.  We have a video on YT if interested.  Would we use them again, absolutely!

We did the East End Tour with them back in May.  Everything went as smooth as silk.  Good guide, nice vehicle.  Back to the port with plenty of time.  I like that you can customize your tours.  Will definitely use them again.

Beware of Victor Bodden and his lack of integrity!

If you have a problem with one of his preferred tour operators, he will take no responsibility for it. 

Our tour guide encouraged us to take a snorkel tour instead of snorkeling on the beach. She said that we would have a guided tour in the water. She took us to a vendor that they regularly used and trusted, and, I stupidly paid cash since Bodden scares you into thinking the bank charges you a 19% surcharge for credit cards. This is the case if you pay him with a credit card with him. The resorts all took credit cards without extra fees.

The amount that we were charged was twice the amount posted on Bodden’s website. Our tour guide claimed  that she wasn’t aware of what was on his website and that they took us to a different location.

In any case, not only did we not have a guide in the water but the boat driver did not even stay near the snorkelers. As the tide got stronger, we drifted very far from the boat. If any snorkeler was in distress, there was no way that the driver would have known. I  asked my son in law who is a strong swimmer, to please swim to the boat and ask the driver to pick us up as there was no way that I could swim against the tide that far.

The driver also made no attempt to help me on or off the boat. 

I asked Victor for a refund and he said that he went “all the way to the beach” to get the owner’s information for me to contact for a refund. I told him that since they took me to that company that they should get the refund and send it to me. The owner of the company has no interest in returning my money or my e mails. He would not even talk to us after the trip to explain the situation.

Victor has refused to  do anything for us.I am a travel agent and feel that people should be told our story and to be careful.

I could kick myself for giving the guide a tip!

We just went with on a Victor Bodden Private Tour on August 8th. It was amazing. The driver was a local and was super informative and nice. We did the Sloth/Monkey thing and Ziplining, both of which were in the same place. Really well run. Then we went to the Chocolate "factory" and the Rum place. They were ok. The cool thing was our guide took us those places and then took us to a grocery store and went in with us so that we could get some authentic Honduran Rum that was way cheaper. He also took pictures for us and was really easy to talk to. I would HIGHLY recommend them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, merinski said:

We are thinking of booking with them for the Fun n Sun tour, goes to the sloth, monkey's, and a beach after with some sites on the way. Has anyone done this one resently?

From another thread on the Roatan board: 

We have booked private tours with Bodden on three different trips to Roatan. The drivers were all informative and friendly. They took us to the places we wanted to go and stayed with us the whole time. Was never a worry about getting back in time. We always returned with an hour or so of shopping at the port. Would not hesitate to book with Bodden again.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, TN Roz said:

We have booked private tours with Bodden on three different trips to Roatan. The drivers were all informative and friendly. They took us to the places we wanted to go and stayed with us the whole time. Was never a worry about getting back in time. We always returned with an hour or so of shopping at the port. Would not hesitate to book with Bodden again.

@TN Roz what were your favorite things you did on the private tours?  We are thinking of booking with Bodden for a private tour for the two of us.  We want to go to the beach but not sure what else.  We do not want to zip line and have done the monkeys & sloths already.  

21 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

@TN Roz what were your favorite things you did on the private tours?  We are thinking of booking with Bodden for a private tour for the two of us.  We want to go to the beach but not sure what else.  We do not want to zip line and have done the monkeys & sloths already.  

The first time we used them our children were teens so we did the monkey, sloths and zip line and went to the beach. The second time we did an island tour, went to a local restaurant for authentic food and then to the beach. The last time (Dec. 2022?) we went to the cacao factory, snorkeling and spent some time on the beach. Each time our driver always pulled over for us to take photos at scenic views. Would not hesitate to book with them again. 

Hello all,

Have payment questions for Victor Bodden Tours.

Has anyone paid with their credit cards and actually been charged the 19% Honduran tax?

In my confirmation they say it will be broken down as 15% Honduran Tax + 4% Honduran Tourism Tax. My confirmation says only way to avoid taxes is to pay in US Cash. 

Is this really true? I'd prefer not to have to carry over $500.00 in cash unless I have to.

1 hour ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Hello all,

Have payment questions for Victor Bodden Tours.

Has anyone paid with their credit cards and actually been charged the 19% Honduran tax?

In my confirmation they say it will be broken down as 15% Honduran Tax + 4% Honduran Tourism Tax. My confirmation says only way to avoid taxes is to pay in US Cash. 

Is this really true? I'd prefer not to have to carry over $500.00 in cash unless I have to.

Sorry, can’t help with that. We always pay with cash.