FLIGHTS YYZ

NateUpNorth

2 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Looking at flying to Europe for first time out of YYZ into Rome.
Just asking if anyone has recent experience and where the flight costs fell for you?

We flew to Rome last October from YYz.  It was about $800 Cdn one way ( we were embarking on a transatlantic) on Air Canada.    Great flight.  No issues with luggage.   Not sure when you are going or what current fares are.  I recently flew Air Transat from Dublin to YYZ in June.    About $700  Cdn one way.  Another great flight. 

• Thanks 1

We are flying to Rome this October 

one way on AC was about $1000, booking with Flights by Celebrity with Are Lingus is about $550 same as TAP 

Check out Google Flights 

in 2020 our one flight to Rome was $380 on AC , but it was canceled be cause of Covid and it was booked before Covid started 

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We are flying to Rome this October 

one way on AC was about $1000, booking with Flights by Celebrity with Are Lingus is about $550 same as TAP 

Check out Google Flights 

in 2020 our one flight to Rome was $380 on AC , but it was canceled be cause of Covid and it was booked before Covid started 

Most legacy airlines only discount return flights to Europe.  The one way tickets are expense.  

Air Transact, WestJet and I guess TAP are exceptions to that rule.

7 hours ago, em-sk said:

Most legacy airlines only discount return flights to Europe.  The one way tickets are expense.  

Air Transact, WestJet and I guess TAP are exceptions to that rule.

Most cruise lines can get very good one way fares in their air program 

Check your cruise line for price/flights.  Flights are released 330 days from disembarkment date.

I am flying non stop YYZ-FCO in Nov.  I have Princess EzAir for the flights.  The day EzAir flights came out I booked Flexible flights - can modify/cancel with no $ penalty up to 45 days of cruise and no payment until final payment of cruise.  Princess EzAir also offers-  Restricted - pay when booked and $ to cancel/modify.  I have Premium Economy seats on Air Canada.  I check my price daily.  One day, I noticed the price had gone down from $3,200 to $2,079/pp for Premium Economy.  Today, the same flights are $4,150/pp for Premium Economy, $1,867/pp for Economy.

I would book with your cruise line, watch the price and when it gets close to paying check the price with the airline and take whatever is cheaper.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1