New cancellation policy

Jancruz

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't reason themself into.

But it can be educational to newbies. As someone who hadn't used a TA since travel planning via internet became a reality (~mid-90s?), lurking on CC for a year (back in ~2019) taught me that a TA is typically very useful when booking cruises.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

But it can be educational to newbies. As someone who hadn't used a TA since travel planning via internet became a reality (~mid-90s?), lurking on CC for a year (back in ~2019) taught me that a TA is typically very useful when booking cruises.

And as someone who used a TA for years with only some occasional $100-200 OBC and/or PPG, some people on CC mentioned that generous rebates are possible from some TAs. Of course they didn't mention any names, but it's not that difficult to find out who those TAs are..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Absolutely agree. This was more about people who think they know things that are not actually correct and refuse to keep an open mind when presented with facts.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The first TA we had years back offered zip. We didn’t know the difference - until being on board and striking up conversations with fellow travelers. It took us a couple switches in agencies and reps, but the one we have is priceless!  It’s not just about the financial incentives, it’s all the extra things that she does. Example. We had a phone appt last week at x time. It was about 20 min later I called. She texted me she was on the phone with an emergency and would call me. She did. She had a client stranded in LHR and was rescheduling them from a cancelled flight. They helped with a hotel for this client until the first flight out next AM. To me, (although I can find hotels etc) having that kind of resource is priceless. Just an example. She works incredibly hard for all her clients. 

• Like 3