DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

181+ Days prior - $150 Admin Fee pp

180-151 Days Prior - $500 Admin Fee pp

150-121 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

120-91 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

90-61 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

60-0 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Deposit PH-G - $500 P/Guest

Thanks for this. Also good luck to those choosing cruise lines with no fee as many others charge a non refundable fee too. I consider this a good thing as many cruises get waitlisted by those not serious about booking. I do think this should have been clearly communicated so I fault Oceania for that.

Edited by davencl

9 minutes ago, davencl said:

Thanks for this. Also good luck to those choosing cruise lines with no fee as many others charge a non refundable fee too. I consider this a good thing as many cruises get waitlisted by those not serious about booking. I do think this should have been clearly communicated so I fault Oceania for that.

This is listed on our O invoice under cancelation....

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, davencl said:

I do think this should have been clearly communicated so I fault Oceania for that.

So if the info is on the pax invoice    that is clearly communicated 

If the PAX chooses  not to read their invoice or Cruise contract  who do you fault  then??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have you looked at the Cancellation penalty schedule?

I just did. It was less than 181 days. Thank you. 
Has Oceania never allowed a deposit to be transferred to another cruise when it’s that far out?  Just curious as I was able to before on a different line. It is good to know that this is the case. 

Edited by Vineyard View

1 minute ago, Vineyard View said:

I just did. It was less than 181 days. Thank you. 
Has Oceania never allowed a deposit to be transferred to another cruise when it’s that far out?  Just curious as I was able to before on a different line. It is good to know that this is the case. 

It may be allowed if the pax was moving a booking to another cruise at the same time cancelling one

If the pax cancels the cruise hoping to look for another cruise  in the near future  ..probably not allowed to move the admin fee

It is probably a cases by case  decision

JMO

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So if the info is on the pax invoice    that is clearly communicated 

If the PAX chooses  not to read their invoice or Cruise contract  who do you fault  then??

Yes I agree and always read the invoice and contract.  However I think we're in the minority unfortunately. So "fault" may not be the best word but better communication would have been good.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, doowopbob said:

Just had to cancel a cruise 175 days out and got hit with the $500 pp cancellation that I knew nothing about  (my fault for not reading the fine print).  I think it is very short sighted of Oceania to not allow you to transfer that amount to another cruise.  Had we been allowed to do that we would have already booked a future cruise.  As it is they have lost us as customers permanently.  Would never even consider Oceania again. 

So you never bothered to check the cancellation policy or simply look at your invoice, but now you are complaining that Oceania simply followed their policy, and will never sail on Oceania again?

Makes perfect sense.

btw this was not a fine print. It was right in your invoice, with specific dates.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I thought doowobob stated $500. I didn’t catch that it was pp.

our invoice  said $250pp. Maybe that changed with new policy 9/1. 

We booked in late Oct. and it was $150pp. But we hadn't cruised in a few years ago I wouldn't have remembered if it had changed.

1 minute ago, Harry Lake said:

We booked in late Oct. and it was $150pp. But we hadn't cruised in a few years ago I wouldn't have remembered if it had changed.

It’s $150 pp up to 180 days. It’s all in your invoice.

There  were actually 2 changes to the cancellation terms

The admin fee  which used to be transferable  changed in the spring to Non Refundable

The next  change was the  $150  non refundable  from day 1  of your booking  which if you booked  after Sept 1st 2023  kicked in

It is on your invoice  but some people just  do not read them  until there is an issue

JMO

Hmmm. I hope the website (somewhere) clearly states the cancellation policy when doing an online booking. If the first time you see/read this information on your invoice, it’s already too late? Is there a cooling off period during which you can change your mind (i.e., cancel)?
If you spoke with someone and asked for a courtesy hold, fine. Read the (courtesy hold) invoice. But, if you pulled the trigger already……..? OUCH!

7 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Hmmm. I hope the website (somewhere) clearly states the cancellation policy when doing an online booking. If the first time you see/read this information on your invoice, it’s already too late? Is there a cooling off period during which you can change your mind (i.e., cancel)?
If you spoke with someone and asked for a courtesy hold, fine. Read the (courtesy hold) invoice. But, if you pulled the trigger already……..? OUCH!

I’m not sure about booking online, but when you book with a TA, they always put in on hod and you have around a week to pay the deposit. Also I believe all the cancellation policy terms are on the website as well.

3 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Hopefully those booking online   would do their due diligence before hitting that "BOOK" button & paying the deposit 

The T & C's are on the website  for people to read  ahead  of booking

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions

If you do not understand something then best to contact the company & have it explained to you  not just blindly click & pay

It is not  a cheap purchase  for most people

I find it  very  strange people would commit to spending  10k  +  & not read the  terms

JMO

• Like 4

Just now, LHT28 said:

Hopefully those booking online   would do their due diligence before hitting that "BOOK" button & paying the deposit 

The T & C's are on the website  for people to read  ahead  of booking

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions

If you do not understand something then best to contact the company & have it explained to you  not just blindly click & pay

It is not  a cheap purchase  for most people

I find it  very  strange people would commit to spending  10k  +  & not read the  terms

JMO

Agree 100%. But people don’t take responsibility those days and blame others for their mistakes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I am still confused why they were charged $500 pp when the cancellation policy on the invoice that I had was $250 pp. Did that change 9/1 with the non refundable admin fee?

You and they are are not on the same cruise or booked at the same tine.....

6 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I am still confused why they were charged $500 pp when the cancellation policy on the invoice that I had was $250 pp. Did that change 9/1 with the non refundable admin fee?

The penalties also used to start 120 days before sailing, now it's 180 days. Depends when you booked.