Oosterdam - obstructed OV rooms with Sofa/Loveseat?

rodndonna

We are doing our first Oosterdam cruise next month and currently booked in MM - inside cabin in the aft which quite frankly would be fine, however, it appears we will have no sofa or loveseat to sit on and I think I would really like one.

I am reviewing room categories that have availability to see the cheapest options we could potentially call in for an upsell to that would give us a sofa/loveseat.

Large insides are now quite pricey now, so I guess those are limited and go quick (mental note taken for future bookings).

There are a number of Fully Obstructed Oceanview available - but I am confused when I look at pictures. Some show a couch and some show what looks like a day bed. If you are just 2 people, are there cushions to make that bed more of a couch? Is it a matter of finding one that states maximum of 3 n a room over 4 in a room assuming 3 in a room means it has a sofa bed and 4 in a room are bunk beds?

I've never called in for an upsell,and as much as I like to think they would know all this, I am nervous I am may call in and get something I didn't expect (for example just another bed to sit on ....)

My husband and I often stay in fully obstructed staterooms because they are good value.  The HH category on Oosterdam will have a lifeboat in front of the window so there is really no view of the ocean, BUT there is light, and the rooms on deck 4 are close to the promenade so you can pop outside quickly and sit on the large promenade deck. I've been in these fully obstructed rooms many times and there is a loveseat which may convert to a bed.  The fully obstructed are annotated with an x.  Do you have a stateroom number in mind.  In some of the rooms there is a bed in the ceiling that pulls down as a bunk bed.  Take a look at the INSIDE pictures here on halfacts and you will see the set up for a room with a bunk and the loveseat.  Nevermind the outside.  I just wanted you to see the inside:  4014 – Oosterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rodndonna said:

There are a number of Fully Obstructed Oceanview available - but I am confused when I look at pictures. Some show a couch and some show what looks like a day bed. If you are just 2 people, are there cushions to make that bed more of a couch? Is it a matter of finding one that states maximum of 3 n a room over 4 in a room assuming 3 in a room means it has a sofa bed and 4 in a room are bunk beds?

Cabin will have a two-seater loveseat, a chair, and a stool for the desk. Pic #6 shows it here:

https://halfacts.com/4061-oosterdam/

The arrangement is more like a verandah than non-obstructed OVs (the bed is against the wall and not in front of the "window" which is actually a door that you can't open).

I checked on cruisedeckplans, and you are right, the triple or quad may have a longer sofa (that makes a bed lengthwise) and possibly no chair, just a cube-stool for the desk. But during the day or when not needed, it is a sofa, not a 'daybed'. Really quite clever, we had one on the Zaandam when travelling with my mom.

Good luck with your upgrade!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

My husband and I often stay in fully obstructed staterooms because they are good value.  The HH category on Oosterdam will have a lifeboat in front of the window so there is really no view of the ocean, BUT there is light, and the rooms on deck 4 are close to the promenade so you can pop outside quickly and sit on the large promenade deck. I've been in these fully obstructed rooms many times and there is a loveseat which may convert to a bed.  The fully obstructed are annotated with an x.  Do you have a stateroom number in mind.  In some of the rooms there is a bed in the ceiling that pulls down as a bunk bed.  Take a look at the INSIDE pictures here on halfacts and you will see the set up for a room with a bunk and the loveseat.  Nevermind the outside.  I just wanted you to see the inside:  4014 – Oosterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

We don't have a room number in mind  - there are a few of the Obctructed OV's available that I can see, so just wanted to be sure they would have some kind of seating in them before we call in to be upsold to ... 🙃

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

Cruisedeckplans.com has quite a few pictures of this type of cabin.  All I could see had loveseats.

Oosterdam Upper Promenade Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

~Nancy

Thanks Nancy - Unfortunately we have to be a member to see photos on that site.

I can see any of the video's (they can't blovk Youtube I guess) but none with just photos like the Obstructed OV's.

Edit: Maybe I should join - I see it isn't that much and there just aren't that many cabins with videos.  🤔

Edited by rodndonna
more info
  • Like 1

cruisedeckplans.com only costs $8.99 to join for a year and it is well worth the investment, IMHO.  If you purchase multiple years it is even less per year and if you post photos they pay you $.50 per photo so you can offset the cost that way if you need to 😉

It takes a lot of the mystery out of the cabin layouts and while not perfect it is a lot better than the generic photos the cruise lines show for each cabin class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2