Unable to Choose Cabin on 2025 European Cruise - Why?

Roz

I'm looking at a Northern European cruise leaving Dover in May, 2025.  I tried doing a mock booking to get an idea of solo pricing and inside cabin availability.  It will only allow guarantee cabin bookings, regardless of the type of fare or cabin category.  What's up with that.  Why can't I choose a cabin this far out?

They seemed to have some issues with how the fares displayed in the first day or two...in our case, initially it showed the same price to book a GTY and select a cabin. Then literally in the middle of of booking our cabin with our TA, the HAL site logged me off. When I logged back in, there was the expected two tier pricing,  more if you selected your cabin. 

As we had already started a booking, our fare was the earlier, lower fare to select our cabin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roz said:

I have a call into my TA, hoping she can resolve the issue.  

The website is flaky over this weekend. Lets me get up to that point (choosing a cabin) but gives the error about Too Long an Request. There is a whole thread about it. It will probably be resolved tomorrow.

This morning I had this email from HAL:

Dear Roz,

We noticed that you haven’t yet completed your booking. For your convenience, we’ve saved the itinerary you were considering and should you wish to book you are only a click away.

Edited by Roz
  • Haha 4

I had lots of issues and errors over the weekend in trying to book a 2025 European and TA itinerary. If I got to the end, it was requiring full payment today!  I was able to see some room choices and I went to my big box retailer site who also does travel since they usually show cabin choices pretty easily. 

i was surprised to see that not all cabins were showing but enough in each category that I was able to pick the aft room I wanted. I then called HAL and had one of the best agents I’ve ever spoken with there get me booked in a guarantee obstructed balcony for a 15 day using a $100 FCD, add club orange and call ship inventory and confirm the aft balcony I wanted. Took less than 15 minutes all in and I have my confirmation and a great price for HIA+, club orange etc. AARP credit was added without having to ask. Used discounted HAL gift card from AARP for the club orange payment due now. 

I will transfer the booking to the bog box retailer now for the cash card and extra 2% and hope to use AARP discounted gift cards later when payment is due. I love a deal!  And am happy to thank HAL for the great PCC who assisted today!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I priced the cruise with the room category I wanted, went through to the book page where it said 7300 total and when I logged in, it suddenly jumped to 10,000.  Special pricing, indeed.

We need a whole lot more details than that to make a judgment.