Flying to London on Friday, 8/25 Sailing Dawn on Sunday 8/27

Lois R

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Sorry you have lost the sunshine, Lois.  Your cocktail sounds like a killer!

I think tomorrow may be your last day?   Don't know anything about Skagen, except that they (or used to) make rather classic watches,   presumably in the town.   I have one on right now, very simple and easy to read, and IMO looks classy, though not exactly Cartier or Rolex of course.

Lola

Friends and I visited Skagen on an itinerary in 2017. It's a charming town, great for walking and shopping. My friends did an excursion to Eagle World and got to experience a falcon on their wrist.

Good morning from Skagen where it is cool/cold and right now a bit cloudy. I had booked a tour for this afternoon but changed my mind and will be taking the shuttle into town and just walking around. Leaving in a little while. This is the last day and I am staying in Cooenhagen for 1 night before flying home Saturday afternoon.

Will post more later.

We are now in Copehagen and folks are disembarking. I have a 9:45 leave time. 

Having coffee and croissants in The Arts Cafe.

Will follow up with the rest of my day's activities later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:22 AM, Lois R said:

We are now in Copehagen and folks are disembarking. I have a 9:45 leave time. 

Having coffee and croissants in The Arts Cafe.

Will follow up with the rest of my day's activities later.

Enjoy your day in Copenhagen and hope all is smooth on your trip home! 

Hello from the Eventyr Lounge at the Copehagen Airport. It is quite simple with some cold cuts/cheeses, salads, fruits and some soup, along with some mini chocolate chip muffins. Also several beers on tap, although I am having still water at the moment.

First time at this airport for me and like many European airports, you must go through a maze of shops to get to where you need to go and in this case, I must say the place smelled like a perfume fsctory.....in a strong way.

Thankfully this Lounge does not have that odor.

My day in Copehagen was very nice with wonderful weather and lots of sunshine. I took a Canal cruise with 2 other gals I met on the cruise who were also staying at the Petri (more on the hotel coming). 

• Like 5

Copenhagen is one of my least favourite airports - unless you are in a lounge of course.  As Lois says masses of shops, and then hardly anywhere to sit while you wait to fly if you are in cattle class.  Which just to fly to the UK is satisfactory, with no larger a seat in business.

I bet your canal cruise was lovely in the sunshine,   Lois.

Have a good flight/flights.

Continuing with our day, we had the Conceierge book the 3 of us on a Canal cruise with a company called "Hey, Captain". I highly recommend them

Only 12 people on the boat with lots of variety....English, Dutch, German and American. The tour guide was excellent. Anton, young and knowledgeable and easy on the eyes🙂, it was a 2 hour tour. 58.00 in US $ per person.

We then found a place for lunch and then walked some more until I could not and we took their version of  pedicab back to the hotel which was at about 3:30. To back up, we got to the hotel about 10:30. Rooms were not ready so we walked down to the river for the cruise. Strolled really as it was so lovely outside.

So, got back to the hotel and I had met a couple on the cruise and we hit it off very well made plans to have dinner last night.  They were not staying at the Petri but were kind enough to pick me up. We ate at a Spanish/Tapas place called Pintxos and for any of you who enjoy this type of meal,  I HIGHLY recommend them. The food was fabulous! I would definitely go there again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The nightmare is now happening. STUCK at JFK.......my flight home has  been canceled and they re booked me for tomorrow. I am trying to find any airline to get me home today. What a MESS

Hi, I checked everywhere..........it is ALL 3 airports. They have certain flights but with how things are looking? No guarantees about any of them. 

I certainly didn't want to sleep in the lovely confines of JFK overnight. I booked the same room at the TWA hotel for tonight and hopefully the flight Delta put me on for tomorrow morning will go.

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Ugh! Not the way that you want your wonderful journey to end. Good luck and hope it works out better than expected.

Hi, omg, seems all the airlines are canceling hundreds of flights and I am staying at the TWA hotel for a 2nd night. Nobody seems to have anything flying to Jacksonville even with connections.

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, omg, seems all the airlines are canceling hundreds of flights and I am staying at the TWA hotel for a 2nd night. Nobody seems to have anything flying to Jacksonville even with connections.

WOW!!  What a tangled mess.  Assume this is all because of the major storms that came up yesterday through the Carolinas, Virginia, etc., yesterday.  A number of college football games in these areas got delayed on Saturday.  Good luck making it home.  Soon, we hope.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

I hope you can make lemonade out of lemons, and get into the City for a bit to explore. Lower Manhattan, especially on a weekend, is a wonderful place to just wander around for hours. A French marketplace (Le District), and Eataly, are both in that neighborhood. So you can pretend that you are still in Europe!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I hope you can make lemonade out of lemons, and get into the City for a bit to explore. Lower Manhattan, especially on a weekend, is a wonderful place to just wander around for hours. A French marketplace (Le District), and Eataly, are both in that neighborhood. So you can pretend that you are still in Europe!

Hi JP, today starts the NFL season so I will be watching the games from my room. I know I am in NY but it is dreary outside and  I love football😀. Sad I wont get to see my Jaguars play  but at least I can watch some games.

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Interesting! I guess I was lucky - I flew JFK to BDA this morning, after a night in the TWA after arriving from LHR yesterday - on time departure, early landing. 
Sorry about your cancellation Lois, hope it works out for you without too much more headache. 

Hi, thanks and you did get lucky. From what I could see and what I heard, 100's of flights were canceled yesterday and again today.

Well, I thought I,was flying home tomorrow morning.........but of course they changed it again. GRRRRRRRR..........

They really messed up and put me on another flight to West Palm Beach so that had to be changed and now they said there is a flight at 8pm tomorrow night and have me on it. I just have to wonder if it will be there tomorrow......

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, I thought I,was flying home tomorrow morning.........but of course they changed it again. GRRRRRRRR.......... They really messed up and put me on another flight to West Palm Beach so that had to be changed and now they said there is a flight at 8pm tomorrow night and have me on it. I just have to wonder if it will be there tomorrow......

Good luck for flying out tomorrow.  Your Jaguars are in a very tight NFL game now in nearby Indianapolis.  Best for your Jags.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.png.082cc85219b0b4a906f23aff0a00f51f.png

Dear Lois, I am so sorry for your predicament.  As I am from Puerto Rico, and knowing the perils of flying the mid Atlantic from late August till mid October, I would advise you to connect from Europe during these times through Charlotte and not through JFK.  True, a longer flight, but our experience (to Syracuse) has been fine doing these dates.  I do hope that you get home ASAP!!  Sending best wishes, Cam