Free at sea internet

riviera

Planning to book the Sun for December.

Have not sailed NCL for several years. 
I will need unlimited wi-fi ( 12 day cruise)

Best option? Any other advice for dining etc greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 

I am also wondering with the “ free” drink package. Do they give you cans of soda or is it fountain soda same as soda package?!

im trying to decide if “ free at sea” packages are really worth it for us. 
thanks everyone for your help. As I said, it’s been several years since we’ve sailed NCL and unfamiliar with their policies. 

1 minute ago, riviera said:

Thanks! I just need to “ upgrade” to unlimited. 300 minutes just won’t work. 

I was on a 12-day cruise about a month ago. Just thought I'd let you know that a few days in the upgrade price dropped to around $70. I know some people say that you get this offer only if you haven't used any of your included minutes, but that was not true for me. It kept coming up every time I connected to Internet. (Not that I needed it.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riviera said:

I am also wondering with the “ free” drink package. Do they give you cans of soda or is it fountain soda same as soda package?!

thanks everyone for your help. As I said, it’s been several years since we’ve sailed NCL and unfamiliar with their policies. 

Not sure why a can would make a difference. You can get as much soda as you can drink, two cups at a time. It is normally served from the soda gun (it is much much much cheaper than cans). Some bars or some specific types of soda may be served from cans, but they still try and just pour cups. 

4 hours ago, riviera said:

Best option? Any other advice for dining etc greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Plan to disconnect and only use internet while on shore. San Juan and St Thomas are the US, so your normal cell plan should work there. Depending on your plan, most other ports may be included. 

If you are planning for the 12/09/2023 departure, restaurant reservations are already open and prime time dining at popular restaurants will slowly be selling out now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, riviera said:

For unlimited internet check with your provider. It will be cheaper than onboard. You may also have unlimited cell phone and texting. Depends on which company you are with.

• Like 1

You didn't mention what you need the Internet for.  If you just need to check email w/o large attachments or just texting you s/b GTG with the unlimited package.  If you require streaming for business-type video conferences (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.) then do as @BirdTravels suggests & plan them for St Thomas/San Juan at a local Internet café there or use your cell phone plan.  The quality of streaming on board will not be up to normal  'business standards'.

Hope you have a good cruise & welcome back to NCL!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, riviera said:

Their default is gun soda.  I've even seen 2l bottles on the Dawn.  We can all debate gun vs can taste.

• Like 1

we had normal unlimited internet (non-premium) on the getaway, and it worked just fine, with the VPN and voice calls etc. I think the most economical/reliable way would be to purchase an upgrade of your 150 minutes to unlimited before sailing. I had an offer to upgrade my 150 minutes on the ship for 100usd (vs normal price 230 or so), but I don't know if it pops up for everyone