Koningsdam: OK to head down to spa in provided bathrobe? Appropriate footwear?

Pbranson

31 minutes ago, BigMattT said:

Thanks, I’m aware of that. That wouldn’t fit me either. HAL does not carry robes in my size.

I carry my own robe and sandals in my bag to and from the spa unless I’m in a Spa cabin. In a spa cabin, I wear my robe over my bathing suit to walk from cabin to spa, as I don’t need to pass through any other guest areas which might have other attire requirements (or customs).

i'm also a big guy and will be looking for a bathrobe.  If you don't mind me asking, what kind do you have and do you like it?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, law chick said:

Aboard the Rotterdam in Norway now. It’s our first HAL cruise, we usually go on Celebrity. The number of passengers walking around in their robes was a big shock, but at this point I’m used to it. Is it a European thing or a HAL thing? I’ve never seen this on Celebrity. 

I have seen people in robes and even pajamas at the buffet on Celebrity, though the young ladies in their PJs were on a short cruise out of Florida. 

On 8/23/2023 at 5:14 PM, RuthC said:

I once saw a man in the Lido who I wish had been wearing a robe. He came in from the Sea View Pool wearing a Speedo---and nothing else. His gut was about the size of Octomom just before she gave birth.
He walked the full length of the Lido, giving me an appetite curbing view the entire time. 

Maybe he's a bean counter from Carnival tasked with curbing food consumption in the Lido for cost savings.

• Haha 5

There is no need to walk around in the ship in a bathrobe going to/from the spa/gym.....(but of course, you can).

Holland America Line provides a nice changing room, robes, slippers, locker, showers, all the towels you can use, fancy shampoo, conditioner and soap....with no surcharge in the gym/spa area....enjoy the benefit. 

....but for the OP who will be the spa deck, there is a "secret" stairway (on the Pinnacle ships, anyway) that you can use to go to/from the spa deck 10 directly into the spa/gym.  That's provided to you as a spa deck stateroom (IMO) benefit so that you can dash to/from the spa/gym in the bathrobe.

Enjoy the journey.......

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 3

On 8/24/2023 at 5:00 AM, law chick said:

Aboard the Rotterdam in Norway now. It’s our first HAL cruise, we usually go on Celebrity. The number of passengers walking around in their robes was a big shock, but at this point I’m used to it. Is it a European thing or a HAL thing? I’ve never seen this on Celebrity. 

It’s not a European thing. I have seen it more on HAL (by far) than any other line.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 9:48 PM, RD64 said:

Have some courtesy for your fellow guests - nobody wants to see you traipsing around in a robe…

On Nieuw Statendam in July, the majority of people wore their robes both to/from the spa.  As a matter of fact, I can't remember a single time I saw anyone show up in clothes or change before they left - and I was there every day for a week.  My stateroom was on the 4th floor aft and I had to go to 9th floor forward to get to the spa, and had no issue.  People would be wearing dressy outfits standing next to people in their robes - no one was phased by this.  You're on vacation - relax and do what's easy!

• Like 3