Can I Downgrade

jdacombe

Booked a mini-suite, later found out that this was a Club Class mini suite, in order to accommodate our son.

He has now decided to bring a friend and has booked a separate cabin for the both of them.

Apart from the reserved dining I'm not that bothered about having a mini suite and now thinking about downgrading to a Premium Deluxe Balcony stateroom mainly for their larger balconies as it's a cruise to the Fjords and would probably spend more time on the balcony.

I know the club class mini suites have larger balconies but looking at the deck plans our's doesn't seem significantly larger than a standard balcony.

Would I be able to downgrade. TIA

8 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

Booked a mini-suite, later found out that this was a Club Class mini suite, in order to accommodate our son.

He has now decided to bring a friend and has booked a separate cabin for the both of them.

Apart from the reserved dining I'm not that bothered about having a mini suite and now thinking about downgrading to a Premium Deluxe Balcony stateroom mainly for their larger balconies as it's a cruise to the Fjords and would probably spend more time on the balcony.

I know the club class mini suites have larger balconies but looking at the deck plans our's doesn't seem significantly larger than a standard balcony.

Would I be able to downgrade. TIA

If you are ahead of FP Date, you can re-book to a new cabin.  My understanding is that in the UK such a change can be done for a 100 GBP fee.  Check pricing and see if you will save by switching as prices may have increased.  If you re-book, it doesn't matter if you go up or down in category.  Since this is a cancel/re-book, I am not sure if only costs you 100GBP or if you  lose the deposit.  No doubt another Brit will reply.

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

If you're not past final payment, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that. I hope you can, since paying double fare for one on a cc mini would be pretty harsh. 

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

maybe - when is your cruise? - refundable deposit? - TA, Princess, or CVP?

OP is from UK and they have unique rules and more restrictions than we do in N.A.

• Thanks 1

Just as an update 

Spoke with Customer Services and explained what I wanted to do and was able to downgrade from a mini suite to a premium deluxe balcony by paying a £59  cancellation fee, which considering the amount that I now owe on the fare, which has been reduced by a fair old bit, I'm pretty satisfied.

Edited by jdacombe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1