Koningsdam Billboard Pianists

grandegal

We have only had one cruise where the Billboard performers were any good. The others were really bad. Since HAL isn’t spending any money on big broadway style productions, one would think that they could get a more talented group for Billboard. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpnr said:

they could get a more talented group for Billboard

I think part of the problem is that they are hired individually and thrown together.  Mostly they are talented individuals and only some gel together as a duo.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I think part of the problem is that they are hired individually and thrown together.  Mostly they are talented individuals and only some gel together as a duo.

Then maybe HAL should go back to having a Piano Bar---at least on the ships that used to have one. 
Getting rid of Billboard Onboard not only wouldn't cost them anything, it would save them the cost of one musician!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, brockmom said:

Ok….so looking at Holland for future cruises…

what exactly do they have for evening entertainment?

thanks

It depends on the ship and the specific cruise.  The Pinnacle ships have more choices.  The list on the current HAL website is not totally up to date based on reports from current cruisers across the fleet.  Add in music in the Ocean Bar on the non-Pinnacle ships which I enjoyed. Some evening trivia or a game show sometimes.  Movies on the Lido Pool deck on Pinnacle ships.  There are usually a couple comedian shows per week. 

Cruise Ship Entertainment | Holland America Line

Read some of the "Live From" reviews on the ships you are interested in and they will have the most up to date info.  

Have fun researching!!

~Nancy