Luggage Tags

sullaRaffaello

Yes we had the third party vendor problem too.  

For our cruise they were not pre-printed so you filled them out.  They arrived two day UPS.  There were several last minute assignments of rooms which is why they didn't pre-print them. 

As mentioned there will be tags at the pier so the world won't come to an end if they don't arrive. With that said, we prefer to have them in advance so we don't have to fill them out at the last minute. But like everything we all have our own preferences. Right now they are using the tags that have sticky glue in the back so you just attach them that way.

Keith

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

And, the paper they are using for the current tags is not friendly with gel pens. The ink won't dry and you get smudges.

Almost all of the commercial papers that have a sticky back are "coated" papers.  Depending on the specific coating, they can be difficult to impossible for any kind of non-ballpoint pen.  So it's not just Crystal luggage tags - note this for any kind of application.

Plus, this is why you so often see Sharpies and other permanent markers being used at pierside.

8 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Almost all of the commercial papers that have a sticky back are "coated" papers.  Depending on the specific coating, they can be difficult to impossible for any kind of non-ballpoint pen.  So it's not just Crystal luggage tags - note this for any kind of application.

Plus, this is why you so often see Sharpies and other permanent markers being used at pierside.

I started using Sharpies back when Crystal and Princess switched to plastic strap tags back in the 90’s, and just kept doing it when they were using the lighter-coated paper tags.

I do admit to filling them out at home though, but I agree 100% that no one ever needs to.  My already chicken scratch handwriting gets even worse when I’m feeling rushed like I do at the pier, and I actually get really excited for the trip when I fill them out…. So it’s kind of fun and therapeutic for me.  😊 

Vince